Carnival cruiser, first time on X, sour taste already

jen&samcantwait

I'm still fuming about this. Years ago I went car shopping, brought along DH and kids. I picked out the car, test drove it, negotiated the entire deal. When we sat down to do the paperwork, the idiot salesperson looked straight at DH and said, 'okay, what's your social security number?' I should have gotten up and walked out right then. Apparently my all-important DH was just indulging his little wifey. ::mad:

But to return to the topic, the IT dept is nuts, don't let it affect you, you will have a great cruise!

There are some major IT issues with Celebrity. Please don't take offense and let it stop you from having an amazing time.

If it makes you feel better, for some reason, I keep getting emails addressed to Marc (my dad) about a cruise he is booked on with my mom. I am not going on this cruise - can't afford it. Every time one of these shows up, it seems like a little bit of salt in the wound. Oh well! I will just keep forwarding them to my mom (not my dad, he never checks his email).

If X really treated one partner better than the other due to sexism (or exhibited any form of bias for that matter) we wouldn't sail the line any more. We have never experienced or observed any issues on board with any type of bias whatsoever.

It is my hope that X fixes their poor IT and telephone systems. The website and phone service do not match the phenomenal on board experience. In fact, recently, IMHO, the website has improved. It is also my belief that the head of X is a woman.

Having sailed and enjoyed both Carnival and X, I hope OP has a good time.

Ohiodoglover

I would say half bookings in my BFs name, half in mine. Just chill out and leave the MUSCLE shirts at home. All will be well.

Let's hope nothing really important happens in your life. I wouldn't care if they sent everything to my wife. I do all the booking and research. so as long as she allowing me to join her.......I'm good with that.

I still get "Can we/I speak to the man of the house?" I then reply..Well which one? usually gets a pause.

LOL. You win the Internets this week.

I do all the research, bookings, payments, etc., and all the mail comes to me. Sometimes I don't even tell my husband until after I've booked a vacation. I'm a planner when it comes to vacations; he is not. I don't think sexism is at play here, OP.

Edited by CanadianDee

Just so that everyone knows, those replies were deleted. My reply to OP was not first in line, so I know that this thread was edited. Just wanted to clear that up because as it stands now, none of the replies is snarky. :)

Thanks for letting us know!

I can understand that certain postings have to be modified because they are inappropriate. But I would really to like recognize this.

One the worst things about censorship is that you don't recognize it. Bad things happened because of that and bad things still happen because of that. I love CC, but I don't think that their rules are good. No private messages and a lot of censorship on naming of websites, TA etc.

So thanks again for letting me know. I have to live with it cause again, I love CC - or more, the community behind it.

To the OP: maybe it went into spam? You can absolutely be sure that sending such emails is fully automated. Maybe a programming fault, maybe an issue with the amount sent, maybe spam filter - but I am sure that there is no intense.

When I book flights with a certain airline, all the emails are speaking to my fiance. But it is my email address as contact, my billing address and my credit card that pays for it. So why does this happen? Because her last name is first in the alphabet. Learned when I changed Mr and Ms but kept the same names :)

But, on the other hand, if this already brings you to a sour taste: cancel the cruise. You will find lots of things then that you don't like or don't enjoy. Stay with what you know and like. Be happy!

Edited by UniPac

Thanks for letting us know!

I can understand that certain postings have to be modified because they are inappropriate. But I would really to like recognize this.

One the worst things about censorship is that you don't recognize it. Bad things happened because of that and bad things still happen because of that. I love CC, but I don't think that their rules are good. No private messages and a lot of censorship on naming of websites, TA etc.

So thanks again for letting me know. I have to live with it cause again, I love CC - or more, the community behind it.

To the OP: maybe it went into spam? You can absolutely be sure that sending such emails is fully automated. Maybe a programming fault, maybe an issue with the amount sent, maybe spam filter - but I am sure that there is no intense.

When I book flights with a certain airline, all the emails are speaking to my fiance. But it is my email address as contact, my billing address and my credit card that pays for it. So why does this happen? Because her last name is first in the alphabet. Learned when I changed Mr and Ms but kept the same names :)

But, on the other hand, if this already brings you to a sour taste: cancel the cruise. You will find lots of things then that you don't like or don't enjoy. Stay with what you know and like. Be happy!

Hopefully this doesn't get deleted along with your blog. I kind of understand some of their rules. They are in the TA business as well, so I see their approach there. I do disagree with a lot of the censorship that goes on. Seems anyone with a thin skin who dishes it out, but can't take it,then files a "inappopriate" notation to the moderator. This results in the response being removed, but none of the comments from the person who has been so "wronged"! Personally, just remove the whole thread & be done with it.

Hopefully this doesn't get deleted along with your blog. I kind of understand some of their rules. They are in the TA business as well, so I see their approach there. I do disagree with a lot of the censorship that goes on. Seems anyone with a thin skin who dishes it out, but can't take it,then files a "inappopriate" notation to the moderator. This results in the response being removed, but none of the comments from the person who has been so "wronged"! Personally, just remove the whole thread & be done with it.

I can too understand some things and it would be nice to seperate the community from the TA business.

To my blog: it's only blu menus nothing else so that should be fine with the rules :)