Complimentary wine question

ajaxup

Love bubbly too.. if enough Prosecco or sparkling wine lovers spoke, they surely will listen to the trends their guests prefer! Bonnie chief blogger can you help?

The lack of a sparkling wine has been discussed here ad nauseum. It is ABSURD that Azamara does not include ANY sparking wine on their inclusive list, and in my opinion is a real negative of the brand (not enough to make me skip an Azarmara trip, because yes, I can afford to buy real champagne on the ship), but nonetheless, a short sighted oversight by whoever puts their wine list together. I mean, come one, how much sparking wine can one drink anyway (and they can likely buy a Prosecco or Cava at a better price point than the inclusive wines).

John R.

Love bubbly too.. if enough Prosecco or sparkling wine lovers spoke, they surely will listen to the trends their guests prefer! Bonnie chief blogger can you help?

Just wanted to add my support for Prosecco/sparkling wine..it really should be an option!

Yuck! Prosecco or Cava for me. This subject is as old as the pyramids. Before he sadly passed away Bill Leiber was taking this forward, it briefly surfaced again and then went quiet.

Phil

Prosecco or Cava for me too but, unless something has changed, I'm not sure this will ever happen. Azamara's view is always that "something sparkling" should be reserved for "special occasions" - embarkation, Le Club Voyage gatherings etc.

Yes, I know we can ( and do) purchase a glass ( or bottle?) of Champagne, Prosecco or Cava but it would be lovely to have one included as well.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
Another typo!

Yuck! Prosecco or Cava for me. This subject is as old as the pyramids. Before he sadly passed away Bill Leiber was taking this forward, it briefly surfaced again and then went quiet.

Phil

Well Prosecco would be too dry for me if I read the description correctly. I did not know Bill, but in his memory keep it going.

that I learned when I lived in the land of OZ...whose citizens drink ALOT of bubbly!! If you have an opened bottle that you can't finish take the thin handle of a spoon (think an ice tea spoon) and put the handle down inside the bottle...with the spoon part sticking out. Will keep the "bubbles" for a least a day...don't know how or why it works...but I swear it does!! :p LuAnn

I think adding a sparkling wine would be a classy move. Having lived in Italy, I'm partial to Prosecco, but Cava is also a good option. There would be no leftover bottles if it was also an option with appetizers or dessert 😋

They definitely wouldn't have a problem keeping the bubbles in a part opened bottle. There are so many gadgets out there to do that.

that I learned when I lived in the land of OZ...whose citizens drink ALOT of bubbly!! If you have an opened bottle that you can't finish take the thin handle of a spoon (think an ice tea spoon) and put the handle down inside the bottle...with the spoon part sticking out. Will keep the "bubbles" for a least a day...don't know how or why it works...but I swear it does!! :p LuAnn

LuAnn, I was told this, but came to the conclusion it's a bit of a myth. A few years ago some US friends bought me a couple of these Metrokane stoppers. They work a treat and keep bubbles in for three or four days. I always pack one when I'm going on a cruise, but rarely use it. I wonder why that is?;)

27.jpg

Phil

In 1972 I took a trip to Rome and when we arrived at the hotel and to celebrate our arrival they were serving what I thought was Champagne. Turned out it was Cinzano Asti Spumanti. It was very good and I thought was the best Champagne I had ever tasted. Champagne is always too dry for me. Martini and Rossi began selling one in the USA that was kind of like Cinzano.

Those airtight stoppers really do keep the fizz in. When you pull them it will pop.