Passengers Late Again!!

ImADaneFan

Why does it seem that cruisers from this area tend to not be able to tell time??? What am I missing since this is a recurring tale?

What I think it's saying is that many cruisers from this area are newbies....

Mainly because there is no need to fly to this cruise...thus less expense and stress....which ultimately allows those who travel very infrequently...if at all to take a vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Credit to SeaDog67 in his live review for photographing the shore excursion order form: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47606010&postcount=159

Literally 3rd form(Friday form in the gray bar)/Picture 4 in the post; its states what time to get back on the ship which is 2:30pm - in other words, all someone has to do if they can't see/find the time on the daily or hear the captain / cruise director announcement; there's the shore excursion desk right next to guest services in the Atrium...And if a person doesn't understand what 'All aboard" means; a couple of days before Friday's departure would be a good time to ask before getting left behind...

If one does not read the dailies, does not hear any announcement by the captain, sees the wrong time on any videos, etc., EVERY NCL cruise we've been on, as well as other lines, has a sign board as you exit the ship saying what time crew has to be back and what time for passengers. That time trumps anything else and if you fail to see or read, it, the onus is on you.

If one does not read the dailies, does not hear any announcement by the captain, sees the wrong time on any videos, etc., EVERY NCL cruise we've been on, as well as other lines, has a sign board as you exit the ship saying what time crew has to be back and what time for passengers. That time trumps anything else and if you fail to see or read, it, the onus is on you.

I understand nobody reads the threads when they are this long, especially when they think they are being clever....but it has been mentioned several times by people who were on the specific voyage being discussed that it's possible a sign was not in place at one of the gangways.

It's still no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by triptolemus

I understand nobody reads the threads when they are this long, especially when they think they are being clever....but it has been mentioned several times by people who were on the specific voyage being discussed that it's possible a sign was not in place at one of the gangways.

Ncl plays a video with the incorrect all aboard time

And it's possible there was no sign where there most certainly should have been a sign and you still think ncl is not to blame and there is no excuse for pax being late?

For a first time cruiser....and the pax left behind may have certainly been first timers because we just do not know any different.....they see a video saying 5 pm....and they exit at the location that may not have an all aboard sign....and you still think there is no excuse for their lateness?

The excuse is simple....ncl dropped the ball again

And it's possible there was no sign where there most certainly should have been a sign and you still think ncl is not to blame and there is no excuse for pax being late?

For a first time cruiser....and the pax left behind may have certainly been first timers because we just do not know any different.....they see a video saying 5 pm....and they exit at the location that may not have an all aboard sign....and you still think there is no excuse for their lateness?

So come those 2 people out of 4000 weren't intelligent enough, as 1st timers as you claim; to not question why 2 different pieces of paper (a daily & a shore excursion form) plus signs on the board have different times from a video? :confused: So they didn't bother to ask Guest Services regarding the video error - Youand another poster in this thread didn't bother to tell Guest Services or NCL of the 5pm blunder on 2 separate occasions / trips but you're stating it on third-party forum to justify why 2 people's lateness? :rolleyes:

Like I said, keep making excuses for 2 people late out of 4000 sailing a week on the Breakaway - Hard to defend 2 people running late out of that many because of basic common sense and 3 days plus 2 nights in Bermuda (no less), but keep trying anyway. :rolleyes: Key part - 3 days plus 2 nights in one place, how the heck does one be late to a cruise ship after being there for X number of days on solid ground? :confused:

Edit- I know the answer to that last question; its called neither person bothering to check the time, not even asking other people who have watches or cell phones on them.[emoji57]

Edited by maywell

Also as far as we know the young adults were drinking and having a fun time and might of not been first time cruisers that forgot to look at their time while partying and then realized that the ship was leaving without them.

NCL did not drop the ball at all on this. If you think that 2 passengers missed the ship and to blame NCL you are just blind to the fact that you just can't stand NCL and you will always have to turn something that was someone else's fault and make it the fault of others.

On todays riveting episode of "Filling in the blanks with assumptions!", the gang tries to solve a mystery while only having part of the evidence!

Seriously though, I think we can all agree that it does ultimately fall on the passenger to be sure they have the correct information. Yeah, we can maybe say NCL needs to catch up on their documentation QA/QC.....but the fact of the matter is 3998 passengers got off the ship and back on within the correct time frame. If 50+ passengers were late, I could see there being a strong argument for the incorrect video display being responsible. But ultimately, who is the one who faces the consequences here for being wrong? If I'm wrong, I miss part of (or the rest of) my vacation and likely have to shell out lots of money for a flight home or to the next island. Even if NCL reimburses me, I'm not getting my vacation back. While on NCLs end, it's just a little more paperwork to do. So ultimately, I stand to lose a lot more by being wrong than they do. Thus, it behooves me to be sure I know the correct time to be back because it's going to suck a whole lot more for me than it will for them if I'm wrong.

And really, let's just be honest here: What's more likely? 3998 passengers decided to come back early or 2 people ran a little late? If it truly was NCL's negiligence that lead to them missing the boat, statistically I think you'd see way more people doing it.

And really, let's just be honest here: What's more likely? 3998 passengers decided to come back early or 2 people ran a little late? If it truly was NCL's negiligence that lead to them missing the boat, statistically I think you'd see way more people doing it.

Totally agree.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but, you think I am being clever?:confused:

I am simply reiterating that I have never not seen a sign. So people on the cruise said it was POSSIBLE a sign was not there? No one stated for a fact that there was not. Sorry but, I find it highly unlikely there was no sign board and those people just didn't see it in their excitement to get off the ship.

That being said, any information in the daily or videos should be updated and consistent.

Also as far as we know the young adults were drinking and having a fun time and might of not been first time cruisers that forgot to look at their time while partying and then realized that the ship was leaving without them.

NCL did not drop the ball at all on this. If you think that 2 passengers missed the ship and to blame NCL you are just blind to the fact that you just can't stand NCL and you will always have to turn something that was someone else's fault and make it the fault of others.

You are wrong here

Ncl publicized via tv video 5 pm

Ncl dropped the ball and it doesn't matter if 2 or 200 pax missed the ship

Again..... Ncl showed a video that said 5

Anyone could have thought that was accurate with all the changes going on at ncl at the drop of a hat and with no warning

If there hadn't been a video that's another story

But incorrect video plus a confirmation of no signage at the debark equals ncl dropped the ball....yet again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are wrong here

Anyone could have thought that was accurate with all the changes going on at ncl at the drop of a hat and with no warning

But incorrect video plus a confirmation of no signage at the debark equals ncl dropped the ball....yet again

Do you know for a fact that the reason they were late was because of the wrong time on the TV and it wasn't just because they were having fun and lost track of time? As far as the signage, one passenger said she did not see a sign, but another passenger on the same cruise posted that there were signs. I guess it is real easy for some to blame NCL, when we don't have all the facts.

You are wrong here

I don't think anyone is disputing that the video said 5. That much is basically agreed on. NCL should have the updated video playing.

HOWEVER, it's virtually impossible to get off the ship without encountering multiple instances where the correct time is posted....not including all the times it's announced over the PA. At the very worst, they were given conflicting information.

So our two passengers here were working with 2 different possible departure times: one at 3pm and another at 5pm. In this situation, what would a rational person do? Would they assume it's the earlier time, facing only the possibility that they get back on board a bit early......or would they assume it's the later one, facing the possibility of being left behind in a foreign country? Over 3000 other passengers had the same video and same information presented to them.....and somehow chose correctly to show up before 3 rather than 5. It's the reason why they make all those announcements and post it multiple times as you are exiting the ship.

If we're working with the assumption that the two passengers actually did think that 5 was the one and only departure time, then perhaps we need to instead address whether they require a mature adult chaperone for future voyages. I mean, it's one thing to leave the room thinking 5, but that means they didn't ever read the Daily, their itenirary, any information posted enroute to the gangway, the signs outside the gangway, or listen to a single announcement the night before or that morning. If, in the face of so much counter-information, they still went with the idea that 5pm was the departure time, then they seriously need to reconsider the risk-factor of traveling without someone more observant in their party. If these were middle school or high school kids, I could maybe see it. But these were adults.

No one is arguing that NCL didn't mess up by showing the wrong departure time in a video. We're just stating that a rational person wouldn't be lead to make the same mistake the two passengers in question did and that NCL's mess up isn't a valid excuse.

Edited by NoahtheRed

Dear Lord, please let everyone make the next sailing from Bermuda so that we don't get a third thread like this.

Thank you and Amen.

The NCL haters hoping someone misses the boat. Another opportunity for them to knock a brand that they still sail on.

Edited by abe3

Why do other people care who misses the ship? And why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it. There could be a million reasons why people are late. And even if the reason is just plain old stupidity, why delight in it?

Got brains? ;)

If NCL posted here themselves that it was their fault , there'd still be some on here that would say it wasnt so. I have no clue whose fault it was and neither do any of you on here arguing.

NCL floats on water...they don't walk. Mistakes can be made *gasp*.

I have no axe to grind with ncl and I love them and always get a great price

But I can also use my business educated brain to see exactly why so many things are going wrong these days

They just don't follow the changes through completely

I.e. The 12 day 14 day thing with the ba

The 5 pm video

The smoking allowed on balconies thing in the dailies that wasn't updated on a January 2014 ba sailing

And of course all the food allowed/no food allowed issues

Ncl is just not seeing changes through and fixed in all applicable areas

I bet they didn't have a clue the erroneous video was still playing even weeks after the port time was changed to 3 pm

Did they fire everyone or are the ncl corporate employees so pissed that they just aren't interested in doing the best job.

If NCL posted here themselves that it was their fault , there'd still be some on here that would say it wasnt so. I have no clue whose fault it was and neither do any of you on here arguing.

NCL floats on water...they don't walk. Mistakes can be made *gasp*.

NCL wouldn't post on here to say it's their fault because it's not their fault.

Credit to SeaDog67 in his live review for photographing the shore excursion order form: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47606010&postcount=159

Literally 3rd form(Friday form in the gray bar)/Picture 4 in the post; its states what time to get back on the ship which is 2:30pm - in other words, all someone has to do if they can't see/find the time on the daily or hear the captain / cruise director announcement; there's the shore excursion desk right next to guest services in the Atrium...And if a person doesn't understand what 'All aboard" means; a couple of days before Friday's departure would be a good time to ask before getting left behind...

There's no announcement and there is one sign an 8 1/2 x 11 black and white printed taped behind one of the guys scanning your key cards out. I'm on the Dawn and I looked, and I listened.

I overheard someone at Horseshoe Bay today say "we don't need to rush back, it's not like they'll leave without us"

It's fascinating to me how a time shift of 3 hours, results in 2 people missing the ship....by 10 minutes.

There's no announcement and there is one sign an 8 1/2 x 11 black and white printed taped behind one of the guys scanning your key cards out. I'm on the Dawn and I looked, and I listened.

I overheard someone at Horseshoe Bay today say "we don't need to rush back, it's not like they'll leave without us"

Was the return time on the dailies? What about the time on the televisions, is it correct?

Hearing someone say "we don't need to rush back, it's not like they will leave without us" shows the "it is all about me and I don't have to play by the rules" attitude that some have. If they don't get back in time, they should be left behind, with an attitude like that.

Please let us know how many folks, other than the ones you overheard, are late and left behind.

Were they on their own getting back or did they get their transport from NCL-sponsored shuttle? There's a difference.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Exactly, you would think that if they didn't have a clue that the ship left at 3.00 and were still under the impression that it left at 5.00 they would have gotten back to the dock after 4.00

Just sayin'

I knew it was leaving today at 5:00 and came back at 2:20, so that doesn't make sense, not everyone stays on land until the last minute.