Packing Dress clothes

We use luggage that also contains a suite so we keep the dress shirts, dress pans and dresses on hangers.

If you don't have that type of luggage you could neatly folks it.

The key though it to place a dry cleaning plastic bag over each item and this minimizes wrinkling.

Keith

Depending on the fabric - You could just roll if it doesn't wrinkle easily or is a type that twists back into shape quickly. OR neatly fold it, if its the type that does wrinkles too easy or hard to pack neatly (I know oxymoronish but it can be done!). Also bring wrinkle-release spray with you and/or ask for an iron on the ship to smooth out the wrinkles if it does happen.

I agree that the dry cleaning service on board is a great idea. On a cruise several years ago, our table mates on the first formal night were dressed beautifully and the mans tux was not wrinkled at all. I commented on that and he said he had sent his tux for dry cleaning. We've done the same every cruise since. By the way, it's cheaper than our home town cleaners too, both for his tux and my formal wear.

Margee

We use luggage that also contains a suite so we keep the dress shirts, dress pans and dresses on hangers.

If you don't have that type of luggage you could neatly folks it.

The key though it to place a dry cleaning plastic bag over each item and this minimizes wrinkling.

Keith

I had a typo when I posted. The luggage we use contains a suiter so you can put clothes inside that are on hangers.

It is similar to this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelpro-Expandable-Rollaboard-Suiter-Black/dp/B003H4Q096/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440857280&sr=8-1&keywords=Travel+Pro+28%22+Suiter

We hang those items on top and put a dry cleaning bag over each one. Works like a charm.

And when you arrive to the ship you can keep each item on the hanger you used and hang in the closet.

Keith

We also use an ancient garment bag on wheels that has hanging hooks on both ends. We alternate the ends and inter fold the garments. This bag is at least 40 years old and heavy. It has been on all our cruises and trips to Europe. Even though it is not a light-weight by today's standards, we can fill it up and still stay under 50 pounds. Only thing I've found similar was a rolling garment bag from Tumi at almost $1000. When I spoke to the Tumi sales person, he said the frames made a long time ago were vert strong but not lightweight. I'm afraid of the day I'll have to replace it.

On the other hand, it may outlast me!

Margee