unlimited internet on NCL Epic

Tippysocks

Yes, I did this on the Epic Med cruise, and it was mostly fine. I had my laptop and iPad, and I could connect to both devices, but only one device at a time.

At times, service was very very slow, but overall it was worth it for me.

I'm not sure if it's the same system as the Getaway, if it is be forewarned... On the getaway it only worked half the time, and has an idle timeout which logs you out of the Internet requiring you to log in every time you put your device down for a few minutes... I can't tell you how many times a day I had to log back in which is a PITA... You have to type in your full name, room number, and password each time. And forget about iConcierge... It's totally unreliable and useless, at least on the Getaway.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the internet on the Epic recently? How's the speed and reliability?

We were on the Epic last week with an unlimited internet plan. We did not find any areas on the ship without coverage. We actually had a wireless router in our stateroom so the coverage was good there.

As for speed,,, it's satellite internet. Any commands you enter still have to travel up to the satellite and back. In general, satellite internet works great for regular email and slow iMessage type texting. Less good for web surfing. That's the nature of satellite internet. Since we were on the first cruise out of dry dock, there were a lot of requests for photos, and we had no problem uploading photos to CC. Slow, but not problem.