Sailing on Celebrity with a baby

erniebert

We've just booked an 8 day Norwegian Fjords cruise on Celebrity Eclipse in April and we'll have our one year old with us. It'll be our first time on Celebrity, first time sailing with our daughter and first time visiting Norway! I am really looking forward to it while also being terrified at the thoughts of going away with her so really looking for any advice/hints/tips that you knowledgeable folks can share!

We will be on a budget so will mostly be eating at the buffet or main dining room but in terms of the specialty restaurants, from what I've read Qsine and Tuscan Grill would be child-friendly, as well as Bistro 5 - do I have that right? We are planning to go early in the cruise and speak to Maitre D in any of the restaurants we're interested in eating and just double check that there won't be an issue but good to know in advance. We're very conscious that everyone on the ship is on vacation too so don't want to impinge on people's enjoyment but also don't want to not do anything ourselves! Given the price of babysitting we'll probably only have her minded one evening so might go to Murano that night...

I know she won't be in the pool as she'll be in diapers and it wouldn't be warm enough for her anyway even if she was allowed. Hoping we might get a go in the hot tub at some stage if we can work it around when she's napping in her stroller!

Edited by erniebert

You seem to have a really good plan! I seem to remember a mum on our last cruise saying she had been able to bring a few toys from the children's area to have in the room. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

Also discuss with M'D in Tuscan deserts being sent to your room if your little one gets tired/unsettled before you have finished your full meal. They were able to do this for a couple we chatted to, she had a bad back and found it hard to sit in formal chairs for too long.

Have a great cruise!

The dining room staff WELCOMES children...don't be afraid to take your child! It's MUCH easier than a buffet!

There is no need to be freaked out...you take your daughter "out and about" at home, right? Same thing here! You're a FAMILY...you do things as a family! It's all good!