Formal nights getting really casual ....

YWW

female 59- gave up formal during the clinton administration.

male 62- couldn't care less what others are wearing, much more concerned about spilling beer on my tommy bahama shirt in the wheelhouse bar. Never had a dinner ruined by looking at some under dressed fellow patron.

Actually, (true story) we did have one guy ,very smartly dressed in a tux ,sitting at the next table on the grand princess. He broke wind for 4 seconds straight. Even tho he was in a tux and wore a rolex, the aroma was similar to what i experienced once in the mens room at Atlanta airport.

Now I know why there are no open flames.

Maybe some people are just very comfortable "in their skin". When you judge a person you do not define them--you define yourself.

Fine. There is always the "Big Nude Boat!" cruise, Go be comfortable "in your skin".

OMG! That image will be burned in my mind forever. Thanks for that.:D

Welcome :p I needed to share the pain.

Maintaining, or abandoning, formal nights will never change what people deem as appropriate clothing in public and where cruiselines do not enforce the standards they outline in their contract (and in Princess case, those standards vary by country anyway) then we are pretty much stuck with the current situation.

People will always be offended by other people's tastes and there isn't much any of us can do about that.