Carnival Spirit Chaos

Interesting. I was on Voyager last year after she came out of dry dock. It also had significant problems and to compound it was noticeably understaffed. However, it was not priced accordingly, never any acknowledgement from the Captain - quite the opposite, we got lectures on how wonderful the refurbishment was and how much money was spent - and certainly no offer of refunds or credit - not even after two complaints post-cruise to RCL.

Never again will I cruise a ship just out of dry dock!

Bali looks amazing though - hope things are on the up and up from here on in.

The pools are all filled now...after5 days. However, they look more like dams than fresh water pools....or are they always "muddy"?

They are finally washing the balconies today...they were all greasy and yucky and virtually unusable. Must have been all the grime accumulated after dry dock.

The compensation is fair....but it doesn't change the fact that the gloss has been taken off the cruise...especially after being on other pristine ships.

Their project management short comings are certainly turning out expensive for them...

On a good note...the song and dance show the other night was as good as I have seen on a cruise ship. Well done cast !

She is a fine looking ship, I was on her in 2005, 'Fire and Ice Cruise' (Hawaiian Islands - Vancouver - Alaska - Inside Passage) for 3 weeks. She was 'Americanised then.' I recollect I had the best pork ribs in my life on that ship.

Hope you all on board enjoy the rest of your cruise, thanks for the 'live comments.'

Edited by NSWP

The pools are all filled now...after5 days. However, they look more like dams than fresh water pools....or are they always "muddy"?

Shouldn't be 'muddy'. That can happen though after the pipes are cleaned. Given it was a dry dock, maybe they did that.