The Supper Club Show -- ncl Escape (the "fathered" in udp) any book yet?

excitedtocruise

For those out there that booked the CHOD/ultimate dining package back in January and/or February...when you make a reservation for the show the first night it should be free...right....has anyone done this yet and how did it show up on your reservation...and how in the world does NCL keep track of all the UDP out there.

My understanding has been that the dinner shows are not included in the UDP (any version of it). I think you get a discount, but it's otherwise not covered. I could be wrong, however. I know that on the Epic, the circus show was not covered by the UDP....or at least it wasn't in 2014.

My understanding has been that the dinner shows are not included in the UDP (any version of it). I think you get a discount, but it's otherwise not covered. I could be wrong, however. I know that on the Epic, the circus show was not covered by the UDP....or at least it wasn't in 2014.

In Nov. of 2014 we attended Cirque on the first day on Epic for free since we had UDP.

In May, 2014, we attended Illusionarium on the first day on Getaway for free since we had UDP.

In Nov. of 2014 we attended Cirque on the first day on Epic for free since we had UDP.

In May, 2014, we attended Illusionarium on the first day on Getaway for free since we had UDP.

Also as late as april I attended the cirque for free on the first night with UDP. But they are only giving discounts now and I believe they will not honor older plans because of all the confusion it will cause.

I don't know why they continue to write the specific terms of the packages (UBP, UDP, SDP) into the terms of the promo every month, because what they actually do is ignore the terms as specified in the promo, and give you the package according to whatever terms are in effect at the time of your cruise. And chances are the terms will not be the same as when you booked, for better or for worse. For example, the terms of the UBP are better now than they were back in January/February, so no one who chose that package is insisting that NCL should honor the terms the booking was made under. But for the UDP and the embarkation day performance, different story.

Is that only the first night?

Yes, it was. Those were the terms of the UDP for as long as I can remember, but they have changed since the recent change to SDP, and I haven't had reason to pay attention.

Edited by LrgPizza

My terms and conditions states that the show is free on the day we embark. Booked in January.

I think where they might get you here, is they might not have the Supper Club on the first night. As of now, I only have exp with the TA (still too eary for prebooking my Jan Escape), which had Supper Club 4 out of the 10 nights, starting with night 2. Obviously, this could be different for the normal 7 day sailings.....but I can see this as a easy way for NCl to avoid some confusion with all of the different dinning packages, while still keeping to the official letter of the original UDP.

Edited by laurabegorrah

I think where they might get you here, is they might not have the Supper Club on the first night. As of now, I only have exp with the TA (still too eary for prebooking my Jan Escape), which had Supper Club 4 out of the 10 nights, starting with night 2. Obviously, this could be different for the normal 7 day sailings.....but I can see this as a easy way for NCl to avoid some confusion with all of the different dinning packages, while still keeping to the official letter of the original UDP.

I can confirm the the Supper Club is available on the First night of our November 21st, 2015 Thanksgiving cruise. I booked it for the 3rd night and with the UDP, received a 25% discount which equated to $26.54 pp...

• 2 weeks later...

From NCL Public Relations -- Received Call Today. UDP booked during WAVE Promo includes the following on Escape and Getaway:

• Can dine at more than 1 specialty on same day -- (example - early dinner at Cagneys, late night dessert and coffee at LeBistro)
  • Cagneys, LeBistro, Moderno, LaCucina, Teppenyaki - No charge.
  • A La Carte Dining (Pincho Tapas Bar, Sushi, etc.) - 25% discount
  • Dinner Shows (For the Record, Illusionarium) - 25% discount
  • Bayamo - $15 surcharge
  • Ocean Blue - 25% discount changing to $15 surcharge after October 3
  • No limits on menu items but $10 for additional entree at Cagneys and LeBistro - same as before
  • I'm assuming Ocean Blue is still limited to 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert; maybe Bayamo will be the same. But I did not ask about this.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

From NCL Public Relations -- Received Call Today. UDP booked during WAVE Promo includes the following on Escape and Getaway:

• Can dine at more than 1 specialty on same day -- (example - early dinner at Cagneys, late night dessert and coffee at LeBistro)
  • Cagneys, LeBistro, Moderno, LaCucina, Teppenyaki - No charge.
  • A La Carte Dining (Pincho Tapas Bar, Sushi, etc.) - 25% discount
  • Dinner Shows (For the Record, Illusionarium) - 25% discount
  • Bayamo - $15 surcharge
  • Ocean Blue - 25% discount changing to $15 surcharge after October 3
  • No limits on menu items but $10 for additional entree at Cagneys and LeBistro - same as before
  • I'm assuming Ocean Blue is still limited to 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert; maybe Bayamo will be the same. But I did not ask about this.

What happens with the people who booked before these current T&C's though? It will be interesting to hear how it plays out in real life.