Brittania quiet places

Beachmad

Looking at the deck plans on Brittania, I see the library but not a card/games room, they had a nice one on Oriana, the Crighton room?

It was a pleasant place to go when the seas were very rough, quiet, peaceful and midships, playing scrabble took my companions mind off the motion a bit.

Anyone know if there is something similar on Brittania?

Thanks

Mag

Looking at the deck plans on Brittania, I see the library but not a card/games room, they had a nice one on Oriana, the Crighton room?

It was a pleasant place to go when the seas were very rough, quiet, peaceful and midships, playing scrabble took my companions mind off the motion a bit.

Anyone know if there is something similar on Brittania?

Thanks

Mag

The Ivory Suite and possibly the Marlow Suite between the Epicurean Restaurant and Crows Nest on Lido Deck are similar venues on Britannia. They tended to do unsupervised Bridge and Whist etc in there.

Ok thanks for the info dgs1956, good to know.

Another question, is there the equivalent of an Andersons bar on Brittania?

Thanks

Mag

I haven't been on Oriana but I assume that Brodie's Bar, which is an English Pub, is the equivalent.

I haven't been on Oriana but I assume that Brodie's Bar, which is an English Pub, is the equivalent.

Brodies is vast. A huge venue with a huge choice of beers. Very popular for quizzes. Not particularly quiet though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Andersons was very quiet, no music or entertainment , a bit like a gentlemans club,(the opposite of what I suspect brodies is like)we stopped in there to do a quiz amongst ourselves, you could hear a pin drop.:D

I would have been happy to stay there but my party wanted to have fun :rolleyes:

Thanks dgs1956

Blimey I sound boring but I like a quiet drink or sit down now and again.

The best location i could suggest based on your description is a corner of the blue bar on deck 5. Go to the left of the bar itself and keep turning left. The space you arrive in is very quiet in the day time ( less so at night) there was no music in the blue bar at any point in our last cruise on Britannia despite the prescence of a piano on the Atrium side. (mores the pity in my view) It sounds like it might suit you though (although the tables are not really appropriate for cards, would work for reading though.):)

I second the comment about the blue bar being nice and quiet except for music playing from the atrium

the best place i have found to read as I like to get through a few books on a cruise is the library or next door in the crows nest, if you get there early you can get a good seat but get there late and there is no seats and the seats that are taken are by people reading or sleeping...

Have not sailed on Oriana so cant comment about that ship

The best location i could suggest based on your description is a corner of the blue bar on deck 5. Go to the left of the bar itself and keep turning left. The space you arrive in is very quiet in the day time ( less so at night) there was no music in the blue bar at any point in our last cruise on Britannia despite the prescence of a piano on the Atrium side. (mores the pity in my view) It sounds like it might suit you though (although the tables are not really appropriate for cards, would work for reading though.):)

Another one for a quiet corner of the Blue Bar. We loved it there as it was very quiet, just off the atrium which is just a place for people to sit and chat (I agree a tinkling piano would be nice). The Blue Bar also has great views out to sea ... and very nice cocktails ;-)

Ok, will shut up now - on reflection, the Blue Bar had a strange banging noise as the ship hit the waves ;);)

Good call. I am sure lots of people have said that. :) :)