Does Sail & Sign Card tell age?

chibulls13

Hello - this is probably an odd question but I am wondering if when my sign & sail card is scanned can it tell age? I am 25 but often get mistaken for still being in high school so I am always carded. I was hoping to not have to carry around my license around the ship when I go to the bar or for other 21+ activities but wasn't sure if anything on my sail & sign signified that. Thanks!

Hello - this is probably an odd question but I am wondering if when my sign & sail card is scanned can it tell age? I am 25 but often get mistaken for still being in high school so I am always carded. I was hoping to not have to carry around my license around the ship when I go to the bar or for other 21+ activities but wasn't sure if anything on my sail & sign signified that. Thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem for you, at least on board. Not sure if the S&S card tells them your age, BUT, it is clearly identified if you're under 21. So you shouldn't have to show your ID. Now that I've said that, I have noticed a few of the bar servers in various places on the ship ask for an ID, but that's only because they can't scan the S&S card when they're walking around. But I still don't think it'll be a problem for you.

Yes it does, only when scanned. If you are under 21, alcohol and tobacco purchases will be locked out. It is still at good idea to carry Gov't Issued ID like your Driver's license or Gov't Photo card if not driver's license just in case a crew member asks.

Edited by Gizmo88

You will need to carry your license (or some kind of ID with your birthdate) with you at least for the 1st day or so until the bartenders/waiters get to know you. I'm 31 but always get mistaken for being in my teens (mid teens usually, it's insulting and annoying :mad: ) so I get carded all the time. People refer to me as a "little girl" all the time as well. :mad: I think they do have some kind of code on the S&S cards to tell if someone is under 21 but I always carry my ID and 95% of the time, I'm asked for it. I just carry it in my pocket or in a small purse (my S&S Card is always on a lanyard around my neck). Hey, if I'm lucky, maybe I'll actually look my age by the time I'm 85!! :D

Yes it does, only when scanned. If you are under 21, alcohol and tobacco purchases will be locked out. It is still at good idea to carry Gov't Issued ID like your Driver's license or Gov't Photo card if not driver's license just in case a crew member asks.

You can buy tobacco products if you're 18 or older.