Purchasing a beverage package for travelling companions

We were able to put my stepson and friends drink package on our seapass on Adventure earlier this year.

When we went to purchase the package, all 4 of us went together. I knew the CC I gave them to use for the trip had a low limit, I didn't want them maxing out in 1 transaction. I asked the salesperson if I could pay for it, she said sure and took my SeaPass and ran it...it was that easy.

Having them pay me back wasnt as easy :eek: just kidding :D

Edited by LilBlackDress

Does anyone know if I can purchase a beverage package (alcohol) for friends who are travelling with us on a separate reservation? I am looking to do this once we are onboard and not prior to. We are all in our 40's so I know age won't be an issue.

You will need to know their reservation number. Just call C&A.

It will be much easier to do (less chance of a screw-up) once on board. We did the same thing with my Grandson and a friend of his once on board. It was a piece of cake. We wanted them to have their credit card to use on board, but tried to put their gratuities on ours. This was the BIGGEST mess we have ever encountered. We tried doing it when were checking in. They told us to wait until we were on board and go to customer service. Customer service told us to wait until the next day. The next day, they told us it would be taken care of after midnight. It wasn't. We returned and we were told to come back Friday (the last night). We went back Friday night and were told it would show up after midnight when the person able to take care of this came on duty. It didn't. I woke up at 4:30 a.m., checked and it was STILL there. We called CS only to be told that the person that takes care of it had left for the night. Seriously. I finally got in the long line on Saturday morning with the rest of the folks trying to dispute charges and they took care of it.

Does anyone know if I can purchase a beverage package (alcohol) for friends who are travelling with us on a separate reservation? I am looking to do this once we are onboard and not prior to. We are all in our 40's so I know age won't be an issue.

I plan to do same thing for family members on upcoming cruise. I guess better to wait till onboard.

By the way, I was born and raised in St. John's - however have been gone quite a while, now living in Atlanta. I go back occasionally and still have family in Nova Scotia. Can never get the Newfie out of us. Thank goodness for that!! Enjoy your cruise!!