Pearl penthouse toiletries-bar soap or liquid body wash?

Shellbelle28

Awesome. My upcoming cruise is only the 2nd time I didn't have to fly, so I feel like this will be great since I don't need to worry too much about the weight limit :)

Just Google "travel space bag" and you will probably find the result you are looking for (even videos on youtube.com) - the type where a vacuum cleaner is not needed. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

Are these the bags that you use a vacuum to take all the air out? If so, how do you use these when you come home with no vacuum? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Harriet

I have the kind you put your stuff in, zip closed and then squish all the air out. They work great and you don't need a vacuum.

I have special plastic bags where there is no need of any special equipment to take the air out, after I have filled it with clothing I fold/roll the bag tight so that the air goes out, and when I make them flat again to fit in the suitcase they are still in vacuum - "flat as a pancake".... Maybe that is what the OP means by Space Bags?

Hmmm, interesting. When you arrive are you clothes all wrinkled?

Harriet

Hair dryer was bad on every cruise we have been on she brings her own. And the shampoo and conditioner she did not like on any of the NCL ships suites or not but she did like the body wash and the bath soap and facial soap.

The Elemis stuff on ncl is ok, but its not quite Ferragamo or Bulgari, which was standard in our silverseas cabin.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

You know, that's what the Elemis reminded me of, a kind of harsh version of Bulgari.

Maybe that's why I didn't mind it....we actually took some bulgari eau parfume body wash with us (in case ncl's was really bad) but I think it was actually the basic shower body wash which I noticed as being very slightly similar to the bulgari scent!

I know for a fact that they have robes in all cabin types from balcony cabin and "up" - that I know from personal experience. They might also have it in insides and/or ocean view cabins, but since you are in a suite you will definitely have robes. In a suite you also get slippers..... :)

We had a balcony cabin on the Pearl and did not have robes

Are these the bags that you use a vacuum to take all the air out? If so, how do you use these when you come home with no vacuum? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Harriet

I've always wondered as well. The only thing I could think of is that they used the Room Steward's vacuum.

I've always wondered as well. The only thing I could think of is that they used the Room Steward's vacuum.

Some use vacuums, usually the really large ones for bedding, but the travel size ones for clothes you just lay the clothing inside and roll the air out. They have a one way valve.

Maybe that's why I didn't mind it....we actually took some bulgari eau parfume body wash with us (in case ncl's was really bad) but I think it was actually the basic shower body wash which I noticed as being very slightly similar to the bulgari scent!

Yes, white tea is definitely in there.