Tropical beaches here???

SpeedsterX

Last time we went to Puerto Rico we went and walked the town a bit and then asked a taxi driver to take us to a nice beach. WRONG decision! He took us to the ****tiest beach I've ever been in the Caribbean. Near a ton of construction, dirty and the water seemed to have a film over it. We made the best of it but will be doing more research this time around. Anyone know of a nice tropical beach or day pass all-inclusive in Puerto Rico? Any Suggestions?

Note: we're not into ruins or forts, rain forests etc.

There are no all-inclusives here, so forget about that. Try Playa Puerto Nuevo, the beaches in Condado and Isla Verde (by the hotels), some of the beaches in Piñones, or head east to Luquillo. Google and Google Maps are your friends.

There are no all-inclusives here, so forget about that. Try Playa Puerto Nuevo, the beaches in Condado and Isla Verde (by the hotels), some of the beaches in Piñones, or head east to Luquillo. Google and Google Maps are your friends.

After I posted this and did a little bit of research and found a Day Pass at least, not all inclusive but $50 to use the ammenities at the Marriott near Condado. Would you recommend? http://caribbeandaypass.com/san-juan-marriott/4555369287

Thanks for the reply! :-)

Edited by SpeedsterX

Condado beach where ashford ave turns into mcleary ave is a very nice section of beach, it's pretty much behind Acacia Boutique Hotel.

I'll have to check that out. Thank you!

If you have time, rent a car and drive to Luquillo Beach. Very, very nice and probably exactly what you are looking for.

I think you get what I am saying so I will make sure to research Luquillo Beach. Can I take a cab from San Juan? Too expensive?

After I posted this and did a little bit of research and found a Day Pass at least, not all inclusive but $50 to use the ammenities at the Marriott near Condado. Would you recommend? http://caribbeandaypass.com/san-juan-marriott/4555369287

Last year i bought a package with Island marketing for $45.00 included drinks and food which was great. https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/BeachBreakSanJuan.html

Was not a resort with pools and all that but a restaurant beach club, we loved it.

• 1 month later...

This is your choice

Isla Verda

Popular beach and over rated. Water is not that clear. Easy access by bus from cruise port.

prbeach04.jpg

Condado beach

On Hilton Condado Palaza Hotel, Only 15 minutes from old San Juan by bus, samll beach but super calm and crystal clear water. Chair rental is $5, umbrella is $10 but you don't need one. The hotel building will provide shade most of the day.

sanjuan10.jpg

Luquillo beach.

You need a rental car to get here. Water is blue but not that clean. Some session wave can be very strong

prbeach06.jpg

IMHO, the best beaches of Puerto Rico are on Culebra.

If there is time, go out there.

Also great ones on Viequez.

Some others on totally different parts of the island out west and down south- so you would need to rent a car.

My sister lives a few blocks from this Marriott and I use the pool and beach all the time. No one has ever asked for proof I stay there or a day pass. If anyone asks, you can just say you didn't know and you'd like to buy one. You can access the pool from the street or beach so you don't even have to go through the lobby.

Would appreciate any other info. Are you able to use the beach chairs and towels when you go?

Thanks

I am curious how can you go onto a property and not get caught or use their facilities without getting noticed. I would get embarrassed if i was asked to leave.