Packing wine bottles

When they X-ray the luggage they will see bottles. You will not get that bag delivered but will have to go stand in line in the naughty room to prove it is only wine. Then you must haul your bag to your cabin. Some ports check off cabins that have already taken on their quota.

I might add that those who insist on cheating make it bad for those who play by the rules as soon these privileges will again be taken away.

Never said I was gonna do it- just a general question. Asking for a friend lol

No problem, just put them in the ice chest with the diet green tea for your dad, bottled cokes for your husband, canned cokes for your mom, and the organic vitamin D milk for the baby.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2256834

lol

Last cruise I took on 8 bottles of wine. (I was traveling with elderly people who couldn't handle heavy hand baggage).

6 were in hand luggage. Security made me show proof I had 2 cabins for the one bag I had 4 bottles in.

2 were in check in luggage and I was not sent to the naughty room.

We have done exactly that on a longer cruise. Usually better to have two people with two in each carry on though.

If you do decide to put your wine in your checked luggage, obviously make sure it is packed well. Contrary to what was said earlier, that will only hold your bag if they aren't sure what it is. Never been a problem for us, but might not work out for you.

When they X-ray the luggage they will see bottles. You will not get that bag delivered but will have to go stand in line in the naughty room to prove it is only wine. Then you must haul your bag to your cabin. Some ports check off cabins that have already taken on their quota.

I might add that those who insist on cheating make it bad for those who play by the rules as soon these privileges will again be taken away.

Never said I was gonna do it- just a general question. Asking for a friend lol

If you decide to abuse the system, please don't repot your results here. The cruise line reads these types of boards and I enjoy being able to bring our bottles on.

Thanks

M