Back to back cruise on Royal, any benefits?

bearone

We are soon to do a back to back cruise on Rccl Explorer and were wondering if there are any benefits offered these days ?? We last did back to back many years ago on Rhapsody and we had a lovely special luncheon on the last day for those of us carrying on to the next cruise. On Radiance a few years back they offered us free movies for the entire next cruise(a limit I think of three per day). There were a couple of other little extras which I can't remember. Just curious if anyone has been offered a few little extras on their back to back cruises on Royal?

We have done Radiance B2B early 2014, and we have not felt like there was anything extra.

We mentioned on arrival at the front service desk that we were back to back, and they had no idea of the term. We happily went along for a few days, and then we were talking to someone else that was staying on (in the Diamond lounge) and they had received a letter about a meeting. We went along to the front desk again and they got the "consecutive cruiser co-ordinator" out to talk to us. It was explained to us that "back to back" is not a term they use.

So, we went along to the meeting, they did give us a glass of champagne, and one of the other cruisers tried to drum up getting us a lunch on change over day. I can't remember if it happened eventually, but there was a lot of resistance at the meeting.

The ship required a deep cleanse due to a bit of noro (which we were lucky not to have) and we had to be off the same time as everyone else, and could not come back for several hours. When we can back at the designated time we were treated like we were trying to break the rules by coming on at the area we were told to come back on at. We waited about 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour past the designated time before we were "allowed" back on. With attitude.

First thing when we got on ship the lift was still filthy with streaks on the glass. I know they were spraying the handrails around the ship etc.

So while we love the idea of not having to stop our cruise vacation while everyone else is winding up, there is not a feeling with us that you get any incentive from RCI to be a back to back cruiser. No discount, nothing.

We were looking forward to the lovely relaxing day on board when all is quiet. Nope. Not on this occasion.

We still love looking at doing B2B if possible (and have another couple booked), and that is mainly due to the 6 hour trip we have to do to get ot the ship. If we can do two cruises we save 2 travel days. We also find that less than 2 weeks is just a bit short for us.

We are also due to do Explorer B2B early next year. We are expecting nothing, and if we get something then that will be a bonus. Being able to cruise is a bonus in life, and we love it. :)

bit off topic but you should ask at the reception desk if you do a b2b with princess or p&o you are not required to attend the 2nd muster but you are given a letter just in case you are asked why you are not at the muster so you show the staff the letter.....i dont know if RCI allow that but it would be good to know

bit off topic but you should ask at the reception desk if you do a b2b with princess or p&o you are not required to attend the 2nd muster but you are given a letter just in case you are asked why you are not at the muster so you show the staff the letter.....i dont know if RCI allow that but it would be good to know

I'm surprised Princess do that given the tightening of muster requirements the after Concordia - maybe they don't any more?

RCL & Celebrity specifically require you now to attend muster for each cruise you are on.

Yep, no exceptions for the muster drill with RCI. Everyone has to be there at the start of every cruise. I know it is for our safety, but standing like sheep crammed in on a hot day really takes the shine off the first day. We did prefer Celebrity having them inside.

Well I remember we got a similar deal but quite sometime ago on Radiance. What ships did you get the benefits on? How long ago? It could also depend on number of back to backers on each cruise as to whether they want to give out freebies. I gather from roll calls there will be a lot of cruisers staying on board for back to back on my cruises, so maybe no benefits this time around. I am not hopeful but it would a nice little bonus perk.

We did a B2B2B on Rhapsody (Seattle-Vancover-Honolulu- Sydney) a year ago - really?? A year has gone so quick!!

As someone posted RC refer to this as consecutive cruisers - on the on-line check-in there is this category to select fo the 'how you will arrive' section.

On the 2nd sea day of Cruise #1, a meeting of all B2B'ers was held (free 'champagne') at which all the info about turnaround days etc was provided ie how we would get new seapass cards, get off and back on etc. Also advice was given on some on-board matters & that we would get first opportunity at shore excursions etc.

As our turnaround days were in Vancouver and Honolulu we were spending these days ashore for sightseeing etc. Along with our new seapass cards we were given 'VIP cards' to use when returning to terminal to by-pass all areas up to US passport control - these were really helpful in getting quickly thru the terminal and back on-board.

Overall a good experience, and of course the best part was we were staying aboard for another cruise & then another:D

Experiences seem to vary and it likely has something to do with how many are going B2B and the port it occurs in. On our Alaska Radiance cruise in May we were in Vancouver for the turnaround port and there were only 7 of us - 5 of which was our family! So they did not do any special lunch etc as we were all going to be exploring Vancouver for the day. We received 'in-transit' cards and new sea pass cards the night before to skip some formalities getting off and back on the ship. They also gave us first crack at any shore excursions we wanted on the second leg and our room steward had our rooms made up first in case we wanted to come back early and give the kids a rest.

A bottle of wine or champagne might have been nice but we were struggling to get through the six bottles we bought on in Seward (we had three cabins :)) plus what we had won at the roll call meet and greet!