Comment made by Andy Stuart at Bliss steel cutting ceremony

Golfin55

NCL and Prestige (which includes Oceania and Regent) are still separate companies. Andy Stuart is President of NCL and Jason Montague is President of Prestige.

All operate under the corporate umbrella of NCL HOLDINGS. The majority stockholder is Apollo Management, which owned the largest part of Prestige and a significant part of NCL before combining them under NCLH. The CEO of NCLH is Frank Del Rio, the founder of Oceania and former Chairman and CEO of Prestige.

Although many "Old Guard" NCL passengers may not yet believe it, the merger and new leadership are expected to eventually bring about many improvements for NCL. Obviously, Andy Stuart believes it.

NCL and Prestige (which includes Oceania and Regent) are still separate companies.

NCL and NCLH were separate companies even before, no change there. Originally NCLH was only NCL, now it's NCL + Prestige.

Obviously, Andy Stuart believes it.

Based on several emails I exchanged with Andy in March, I feel that Andy says what Andy needs to say in order to keep his job unlike many other NCL execs who lost their jobs when FDR brought his friends and relatives onboard.

I respect Andy but at the same time I feel sorry for him.

Edited by Demonyte

Although many "Old Guard" NCL passengers may not yet believe it, the merger and new leadership are expected to eventually bring about many improvements for NCL. Obviously, Andy Stuart believes it.

That is pretty great...I'm sure that everyone would welcome some improvements.

Any idea on when that might start? [emoji57]

I don't feel sorry for Andy - he gets to run NCL now, how he always want to. Watch old interviews especially the Dateline one, these increases and majority of the changes is NOT coming out of nowhere or left field- He's been wanting to do that for YEARS to make NCL more profitable among other things....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

. . . Based on several emails I exchanged with Andy in March, I feel that Andy says what Andy needs to say in order to keep his job unlike many other NCL execs who lost their jobs when FDR brought his friends and relatives onboard.

. . . Demonyte's interpretation matches mine!

Matches mine as well.

NCL and NCLH were separate companies even before, no change there. Originally NCLH was only NCL, now it's NCL + Prestige.

Based on several emails I exchanged with Andy in March, I feel that Andy says what Andy needs to say in order to keep his job unlike many other NCL execs who lost their jobs when FDR brought his friends and relatives onboard.

Andy doesn't have to work about keeping his job, FDR is the one who promoted him after they got rid of the Darden Restaurant guy put in place by Sheehan. I always wondered about that considering the Darden history. Obviously, Andy and Frank are on the same page.

Don't feel sorry for Andy, he's doing exactly what he has always wanted to.

According to NCL's 2014 annual report, Andy Stuart earned around 2 million (USD). Nope, not pity for him at all, at least from me.

That's cool that Andy exchanges emails with you. I don't know anyone on a personal level that high up in the world. However, I deal with Howard Stern, not the shock jock, just a regular guy with the same name.

That's cool that Andy exchanges emails with you. I don't know anyone on a personal level that high up in the world. However, I deal with Howard Stern, not the shock jock, just a regular guy with the same name.

You don't have to know Andy on a personal level. He is wonderful about replying to emails he receives and answering questions. I've exchanged numerous emails with him myself. My impression is different than the other poster's. He is very passionate about his job and this cruise line, and is sitting right where he wants to be right now.

You don't have to know Andy on a personal level. He is wonderful about replying to emails he receives and answering questions. I've exchanged numerous emails with him myself. My impression is different than the other poster's. He is very passionate about his job and this cruise line, and is sitting right where he wants to be right now.

Exactly - its his show, we just cruise on it. [emoji4]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Didn't NCLH form two separate companies to assume ownership of the two newest ships ??

Most cruise lines set up individual limited companies (Ltd) for each of their ships. This is done, among other things, to limit liability to just one particular ship, not the whole cruise line. For example, NCLH's subsidiaries include Norwegian Getaway Ltd., Norwegian Breakaway Ltd., Norwegian Epic Ltd., and so on and so forth. This is nothing new.

That's cool that he maintains that connection with traveling public. Sounds like a gentlemen.

That's cool that he maintains that connection with traveling public. Sounds like a gentlemen.
I know! When I emailed him the first time, it was to ask a specific question. He replied within an hour with my answer, and asked all kinds of questions about myself and cruises I had taken. It was nice. He explained a lot of things.

Most cruise lines set up individual limited companies (Ltd) for each of their ships. This is done, among other things, to limit liability to just one particular ship, not the whole cruise line. For example, NCLH's subsidiaries include Norwegian Getaway Ltd., Norwegian Breakaway Ltd., Norwegian Epic Ltd., and so on and so forth. This is nothing new.

My question was regarding comments in earlier posts about NCL and Prestige that failed to mention other subsidiaries.

I realize it is nothing new, but it also is not well known nor publicized on these boards.