Unlimited dining

denatravels

The Unlimited plan is only offered once on board, and may not be offered on all itineraries.

Here are details of Summit's Program:

Unlimited Specialty Package

• The Normandie: Unlimited dinners, 1 lunch, 1 Champagne High Tea
  • Qsine: Unlimited dinners
  • Bistro on Five: Unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Price: $29pp/day

Thanks for the link. Is it worth it???

That depends on how much you value dining at these places.

For me, I do like to do a specialty restaurant when I can.

Qsine, is 1 and done for me. So now only go back if I am going with a bunch of people. So on summit, I see no value in it.

Normaindie, for me worth 1 visit per trip at least.

On Connie, with Tuscan as its other specialty, I would eat there a couple times in a cruise.

I have yet to dine at Bistro, so clearly see no value there.

So for me on summit, I'd dine at Normandie 1 or 2 times, and Qsine once only if with a group that wanted to go.

So $100 or $150, but assume I negotitae a discount, so figure $50 for Normandie, $25 2nd visit, Qsine for $35 = $110.

7 nights at $29 = $203. So I'd pay as I go.

I enjoy the MDR most times actually, even in a suite, i don't use Luminae or BLU. I've dined in BLU 3 times, and Luminae 1 even though it was a 13 night TA, and that was for lunch, as most friends were in MDR I chose to dine with them.

I even like the Buffet for a night or 2, and room service.

On our recent 12-night Infinity cruise, DH and I tried the UDP. We enjoyed it, but did get a bit bored with the lack of variety.

On previous Infinity cruises (2010, 2011), we dined in SS United States several times and were graciously offered entrees that were off menu after we had been in a few times. This time, no offers. So we asked and they did manage to do steak diane for us and beef Wellington one night but only on the same night it was being served in the MDR. The dining experience a few years ago was much more welcoming, elegant, and impeccable. The staff were pleasant but seemed more harried and not the well-oiled-machine we had experienced in the past.

Visited Qsine three times and enjoyed the food. The service was great two out of three times. The third time, there was a group of 20 at the central table and we were largely ignored. We left without ordering dessert due to the extended amount of waiting for our order to be taken.

We enjoyed Bistro on 5 for most lunches and tried and enjoyed many items on that menu.

There was no lunch in SS United States nor was there a champagne tea on our cruise.

We are glad we did it, but in the future, if the experience were to be the same, we wouldn't do it again.

Still $29/pppd and IMO great value for money. I would agree that the menu can be a bit repetitive on a 14 night cruise. In Murano's just ask and they will offer off-menu choices, we had Prawn Thermidor, Steak Diane and Tournedos Rossini on our last cruise. We also love the Bistro on Five (Free with the package) for a relaxed lunch avoiding the madding crowds of the Oceanview Buffet. It also allows for lunch in Muranos on one occasion, we always give it a miss, too much food at lunch for us.

I'm planning on trying to grab this UDP on my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise mainly because I do think the MDR food has decreased in quality (subjective), I am concerned about the "mess" I've heard about regarding wait times/pagers etc since Luminae was installed and, I am obsessed with Murano's. Even if I were to negotiate 30% off every night, the UDP is still cheaper assuming I go to a specialty every night and make use of Bistro and the Porch.

This is on the S class.

M?

I probably wouldn't.

Besides the discount, the UDP allows freedom of choice vs 3-5 nite package plans. You get the specialty lunch and Bistro too.

We did UDP last year. It wears on you - 2 hrs each night (over)eating rich cuisine, and adult bevs. TOO much of a good thing and I would only consider again on a ship with 4 specialty restaurants for rotating selection.

On Summit in August we skipped Blu after couple nights due to slow food delivery in favor of ease in/out, variety of dinner buffet. GOOD LUCK

Love the UDP. Agree that it can become too rich for my blood and/too competitive, but wait staff are very good at making additional recommendations, outside the menu. Love Bistro for lunch as well.

That being said, we still like the main dining room and love BLU, but we booked a wonderfully located concierge cabin in 2017, so I'll be purchasing the UDP as soon as we embark.

Really appreciate all the replies. This will be my first celebrity cruise and summit doesn't offer a lot of variety of specialty options. Therefore, I think I may pay as I go and do 1 in Qusine and maybe one in normandie.

I think you'll love it, especially Normandie, which is Muranos on the S class. The Summit was my first cruise and I became great friends with the wait staff since I went there 4 times. LOL So funny. So friendly and they went out of their way to find me off menu choices. Enjoy!!