Diamond Member Priority departure

destiny217

Just off the Oasis and was told priority departure was no longer available for Diamond members~we were in a regular balcony cabin. (Royal's website still shows it as a perk.) Is this correct?

Regular departure was horrendous. Our group was called at 8:15am and we got to the airport at 10:20am. It took only a minute to get a cab and then straight to the airport.

The rest of the cruise was great.

Also, is priority departure offered to those in junior suites?

Thanks to all who post reviews and answer questions on Cruise Critic. All the info made the decision to try the Oasis a good one.

... Regular departure was horrendous. Our group was called at 8:15am and we got to the airport at 10:20am. It took only a minute to get a cab and then straight to the airport....

Same thing happened to us two weeks ago. Took over an hour just to leave the ship and get to our bags. I don't know what has changed at terminal 18, but something different is going on. It used to be very efficient.

That is unusual for pier 18 - wonder why.

I was surprised, since everything I had read said the new pier check-in/out was really good.

Check-in was good. The big problem was it took us forever to get to the ship. The line once we entered the port was bad and barely moved. Including tip it cost us $30 from FLL, most of it sitting in a cab with the bare minimum of ac. :(

I do remember many cruises ago meeting in a private dining room on one ship with a continental breakfast but it didn't seem to expedite our departure much. Maybe there was a hold up in debarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off the Oasis and was told priority departure was no longer available for Diamond members~we were in a regular balcony cabin. (Royal's website still shows it as a perk.) Is this correct?

Also, is priority departure offered to those in junior suites?

An on board departure waiting area for Diamond (and above) members has been on every RCI cruise we've been on. So has priority boarding and departures been available to JS. But things may be changing - I believe there are new Suite benefits (exclusive of JS) that are official in May of '16. So who knows what will be in place then.

Just off the Jewel on Saturday.

P & D+ were issued tags #1 & 2 just behind the express/walk off (says the debark letter) and # 3 was airport transfers, so we did get off the ship very quickly.

Like everything else these days, it varies by ship.

BTW - there were a TON of P & D+ aboard with megatons of D's.

BTW - there were a TON of P & D+ aboard with megatons of D's.

Not surprising as, while in proportion to the total C & A membership P, D+, and D (in that order) represent a small percentage of that total, we are the most frequent group of repeat cruisers - often cruising several times a year or more.

However "tons" and "megatons" sounds a bit extreme......:D;)

However "tons" and "megatons" sounds a bit extreme......:D;)

Actually, I'll stick to the reference I made. Was told by Brian the temp CL that there was something like 53 P, 230 D+ and another nearly 500 D. Remember, this ship holds +/- 2,000.

I'd call +/- 40% of the ship being D or better a "megaton". (Especially at the cocktail hour).

YMMV.

Actually, I'll stick to the reference I made. Was told by Brian the temp CL that there was something like 53 P, 230 D+ and another nearly 500 D. Remember, this ship holds +/- 2,000.

I'd call +/- 40% of the ship being D or better a "megaton". (Especially at the cocktail hour).

YMMV.

That is a lot - in particular with the stated amount of P as that represents about 10% of that total group on one ship! (And not to be picky but Radiance class holds 2,500 passengers so it would be more like 30%. ;)) Still quite a number! There are certain itineraries and sailing dates that I guess are more attractive to those tier levels than others. But if he was accurate that is a very high % nonetheless. :)

53 P, 230 D+ and another nearly 500 D. Remember, this ship holds +/- 2,000. I'd call +/- 40% of the ship being D or better a "megaton". (Especially at the cocktail hour).

We've cruised on Voyager class ships with D and above C&A members numbering over 600 ... to the point at which all of Deck 14 was converted to a "private event." The generous perks are obviously working, especially since staff rarely (if ever) keeps tracks of the drinks.

Our departure routine is simple ... and with tacit approval from Royal Caribbean crew members. We've been given a low number ever since achieving Diamond status (we're now D+), and are always are assigned to one of the lounges (usually the one on Deck 5 Forward, whatever it's called on that particular ship). After self-assist and suite guests have departed, we simply head for the gangway when the next numbers are called ... never been questioned, and have always left the ship, retrieved our luggage, and gone through customs without incident.

Edited by jewopaho