What do I do when price goes down? Booked direct RCCL.

Newbie here. My cruise has gone down <$150...I have 2 rooms booked so that's the total lower price of both rooms. What do I do to get the credit or price lower or whatever? Should I wait for it to be more? How many times can you get reduced....

thanks .

Newbie here. My cruise has gone down <$150...I have 2 rooms booked so that's the total lower price of both rooms. What do I do to get the credit or price lower or whatever? Should I wait for it to be more? How many times can you get reduced....

thanks .

Call Royal and ask for your price to be adjusted. No limit to price reductions.

Note that they will only lower your price if your cruise is before final payment date.

Edited by clarea

thanks .

As long as you are beep fore Royals final payment date just call and they will adjust your price.

thanks. on a similar question.

is there a pay structure? you have to pay x by this date then this date etc.?

i booked about a month ago and paid >$1k deposit for both...not sure if I just pay the rest by the final due date or not. That is what I assumed. Deposit when book [$750 for one and $500 for another]. and final at date listed...mine is Jan 18. thanks.

thanks. on a similar question.

is there a pay structure? you have to pay x by this date then this date etc.?

i booked about a month ago and paid >$1k deposit for both...not sure if I just pay the rest by the final due date or not. That is what I assumed. Deposit when book [$750 for one and $500 for another]. and final at date listed...mine is Jan 18. thanks.

After you have made your deposit, you don't need to pay anything until final payment date.

By the way, we have been posting with the assumption that you booked under US/Canadian rules. If you booked under other rules, then you may not be entitled to a price drop.

Edited by clarea

I rang RCL today to try and get them to adjust my price as I noticed the price had significantly dropped. They wouldn't do it, said with the current promotion it was for new bookings only. Funny how when I booked I had the same promo but now the promo is heaps cheaper. It could be that I am from Australia as it does seem we have different rules here? Anyways I cancelled and rebooked. Lost my $400 deposit but still ended up saving $850 total.

I rang RCL today to try and get them to adjust my price as I noticed the price had significantly dropped. They wouldn't do it, said with the current promotion it was for new bookings only. Funny how when I booked I had the same promo but now the promo is heaps cheaper. It could be that I am from Australia as it does seem we have different rules here? Anyways I cancelled and rebooked. Lost my $400 deposit but still ended up saving $850 total.

Technically the same rules are in force in the US on those "new bookings only" promos - but, some folks have been able to talk RCI into getting the drop with an existing reservation.

I think they are probably stricter with your booking (and also European bookings) as they get to keep your deposit if you cancel and re-book. Here in the U.S. if someone cancels, the passenger loses nothing (unless their TA charges a cancellation fee), so RCCL is much more willing to work with us.

Edited by jakesnana

I think they are probably stricter with your booking (and also European bookings) as they get to keep your deposit if you cancel and re-book. Here in the U.S. if someone cancels, the passenger loses nothing (unless their TA charges a cancellation fee), so RCCL is much more willing to work with us.

Yeh that makes sense! If I was over 150 day out I wouldn't have had pay anything. So even under 150 days you still pay nothing to cancel that's alright!!

Yeh that makes sense! If I was over 150 day out I wouldn't have had pay anything. So even under 150 days you still pay nothing to cancel that's alright!!

We don't have full immunity from lost deposits. There's a sliding scale based on the time remaining before the cruise. Full details are available at this link including the different schedule for holiday bookings and shorter cruises, but here's the gist of the policy for cruises of 6+ days:

You will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

The cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Days to Departure / Charges Per Person

75+ No charges (full refund)

74-57 Deposit amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Edited by brillohead

I've noticed the price is down a little on my cruise in Europe - does anyone know if there is any point in phoning them if you booked in the UK to see for a reduction or is the only option here to cancel and rebook?

I booked early for a specific cabin and I'm okay with the price paid, but just wondering if it's worth calling or not. Don't want to waste the money/time if it's always a no in Europe and the difference isn't greater than my deposit so I wouldn't cancel.

We don't have full immunity from lost deposits. There's a sliding scale based on the time remaining before the cruise. Full details are available at this link including the different schedule for holiday bookings and shorter cruises, but here's the gist of the policy for cruises of 6+ days:

Aw right thanks for posting! A little more generous then here!

Aw right thanks for posting! A little more generous then here!

You're very welcome!

The differences in laws in various countries makes it difficult when discussing "Royal policy" in an international forum like we have here.

What happens here (in the USA) isn't the same as what happens everywhere else, so it can make it confusing when you read different things from different people in different parts of the world.

they'lll change my cabins...

right now i have connecting interior on deck 8.

when i see the lower price [it's $177 lower] it's only with 1 on deck 8 and one on deck 2 can't select other decks as it says not available [but when i go to icruise or ********** there are some available on deck 6-9].

thoughts?

this is when i wish i had an agent.

they'lll change my cabins...

right now i have connecting interior on deck 8.

when i see the lower price [it's $177 lower] it's only with 1 on deck 8 and one on deck 2 can't select other decks as it says not available ....

Just call them and ask what staterooms are available at that lower price. They won't change your stateroom unless you agree.