Bad reviews

QTPieTrader

I look for trends.

Personally, if I see the same complaint from numerous people, I no longer take it with a grain of salt. And, if I see complaints from a reviewer that also highlights positives as well, I do not take those complaints with a grain of salt. But, some things, such as food and menus, are subjective. Other things, like a heavy concentration of obnoxious drunks, are dependent on the individual sailings.

I totally agree with this.

OP: looks like you are on your cruise now. Please let us know how it goes! :D

We have cruised on the Freedom 6 times. Most recent was October last year. We thoroughly enjoyed this ship many times. Living in Central Fla, we have many choices on cruises. Have a great cruise!

Hit the fish & chips on deck 10 in the back on embark day. Not many people know its there the first day. No lines.

There is a hot tub in the gym/spa. Again, not many people know this is there.

We were on the freedom in March and loved it so much we just booked for March of this spring. She's a great ship and we loved everything. We'll just be sure to bring a book or something next time because Jen didn't plan too many activities in the mornings. But mornings are much better spent lounging and resting [emoji4]

I think reading the negative reviews often helps you have a better time. It's a good way to learn about quirks for a particular ship. I find when I know ahead of time that something or other is set up a certain way on a ship, I am not surprised and am prepared for the possible inconvenience.

I think reading the negative reviews often helps you have a better time. It's a good way to learn about quirks for a particular ship. I find when I know ahead of time that something or other is set up a certain way on a ship, I am not surprised and am prepared for the possible inconvenience.

That's pretty much why I read reviews, and usually only after I've booked. Price and itinerary are our first concert, with which line it is coming next. Which ship is way down on our criteria list for cruise selection

I sailed on the Freedom on September 12th and had a great time. My room was very comfortable. We were on deck 7 midship in a suite. Never too hot or too cold. Room was very clean, room steward did a great job and was attentive. Food was a lot better than my last carnival cruise, but I did listen to other reviewers and stayed away from certain foods, like fried food in the dining room. The one time I did eat fried shrimp in dr it was yuk! Everything else was fine to good. I ordered lots of apps and that way if the entree wasn't good I was fine. Deserts were ok too. Nothing over the top awesome but I was pleasantly surprised. Guys burgers were good and the blue iguana was fine, not great, but a nice addition. Buffet food was fine to good. Was always able to find something. The shows I saw were good. The comedy shows I saw were good too. The live music around the ship wasn't great. There was one band that was alright. The other singers weren't that good. But people seemed to have a good time listening to them, so maybe it was just me. Gym was clean and had enough equipment for a decent workout. We were always able to find deck space for lounging. Also great experience in steakhouse. The ship was clean and everyone seemed happy.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I have never had a bad cruise, why should I expect one now.

If one goes expecting a wonderful cruise they will probably find it.

QTPie

Exactly!!! Look forward to having another great cruise! :D

Cruise reviews are about as significant to me as book and movie and play reviews. If I actually bought into many of them I can't even imagine the hundreds of great movies I would have never seen, or the wonderful books I would never have read.

Thousands of passengers who actually flock to cruises all can't be dumb when they choose to ignore bad reviews. If Carnival wasn't keeping the masses coming then I would think that more than a few malcontents were actually hitting the nail on the head with their never ending complaints....but since that isn't happening I chalk it up to some people just always viewing life as the glass half empty.

I've not read any of the reviews, but I know the formula.

"OMG, the worst cruise EVER.

1st, the knives at dinner were placed with the blade facing in (or out) and they should be the opposite, dinner RUINED.

2nd, I am allergic to the color pink, but purple makes me channel the spirit of my departed great grandmother who invented velcro and they had NO PURPLE flowers anywhere. I couldn't talk to great grandma, cruise RUINED."

Unless you came back from the cruise missing a limb, a loved one, or it sank, how was it a bad cruise? Exactly!

This is HILARIOUS! You win the comments for this thread! I think this is pretty much true for reviews of anything in general. It's amazing the things people will criticize.