Has anyone booked Discovery yet

Looking at your itinerary, I can only comment on Livorno. We went there last year on a Celebrity cruise. We did an excursion which took in Pisa and Florence. I don't know what excursions Thomson do, but I would recommend this one if they do it. Hopefully, like us you would go to Pisa first, early, before the crowds descend. It was fantastic to see the leaning tower etc. Florence was beautiful and personally, I preferred it to Rome, but that's just me I guess.

Thanks STB... I've booked Easy Pisa... takes in most things.. all from a trolley train 🚂! Saves the legs... lol.. I've also booked Rome Express so I can see as much as possible.. been meaning to do this for years! And my other excursion is to Barcelona.. Camp Nou..big football fan... so can't wait.. thanks for reply... roll on August..😊 😊 😊

I have also booked the discovery for Sept 17th 2016 my first cruise looking forward to it as am travelling solo would like to hear from any other solo passengers so I know i wont be on my own.:(

We are also booked 17 sept for 2 wks You are welcome to say hello to us

Hi

Was it a Thomson Caribbean cruise and stay that you did? Thinking of doing one Feb 2017 and would be interested in which hotel in Barbados to stay and any info on ship. Have done a few P&O Azura cruises in the past but only 1 Med cruise with Thomson a couple of years ago. Thanks

Hi

Was it a Thomson Caribbean cruise and stay that you did? Thinking of doing one Feb 2017 and would be interested in which hotel in Barbados to stay and any info on ship. Have done a few P&O Azura cruises in the past but only 1 Med cruise with Thomson a couple of years ago. Thanks

Hi B B sorry for butting in have stopped at Mango bay on the west coast very Boutique lovely walk,s on beach,this year again Sea Breeze,s on the South coast,as it say,s very cooling wind,s on the south of the Island, also 2017 HOTEL SAND,S BARBADOS but of yet to be built, all very near to the gap and lively Friday night out with the local,s at Oistin,s town fish night,and taking the cruise on the second week, but every one to there own, i hope this helps.

Yes we booked three weeks ago for next October from Palma going to Gibraltar Lisbon Malaga cartegena 22 nd Octiber , but before that we are going in two weeks under rci from Venice so it will be interesting to see the difference from this time to next October can't wait will be at hotel at Gatwick this time in two weeks

We are also on this cruise in October, but have not seen many others on CC. As mentioned, there are more pax chatting on FB.

I've booked four weeks on the Discovery from 05/02/17.

Never been with Thomson before, but all inclusive was a good deal.

Booked a junior suite for my partners 50th.

We've got ten friends joining us from 19/02/17 so really looking forward to it.

Hope they do a good job with the refit!

Can anyone tell me if you're allowed to take alcohol on board from each port to drink in your cabin.

Have been with P&O and it was allowed.

Thanks

Thanks, that's good to know. Have read different reviews which have said Thomson has changed its policy & have stopped it, taking the alcohol from you as you board, giving it back when you disembark.

That is certainly the policy with celebrity, hopefully Thomson haven't changed theirs.

They did a trial with this on Dream a while ago but I don't think it lasted very long.

=========================

yes they did but all now is as was :rolleyes:

anyway with respect to all we are off the OP topic ;)

Stevie

-----------------------------

ps

Jim the Scot are u on ?

Kalos?

Kruzee?

anyone noticed at the moment this thread has 64 replies

and 5,776 views :cool:

Stevie

Great stats Steve, is this good? By the way, what's the first cruise for Discovery? I'm hoping for some reports on here before we go!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if it is possible to order room service breakfast for the suites on Discovery as you can at the moment on Splendour with RCL?

According to the brochure, once per cruise. I am hoping this will change as we regularly had breakfast on our balcony on celebrity, all included in the cost too.

Yes, us too, breakfast on the balcony is one of the highlights of the cruise. I have emailed Thomson the same question but no reply as yet. I'm hoping they'll change their policy as the Discovery is going to be quite different to their other ships.

According to the brochure, once per cruise. I am hoping this will change as we regularly had breakfast on our balcony on celebrity, all included in the cost too.

premier service is only 1 free breakfast per week