Has anyone booked Discovery yet

Sorry if i,am a sado, yes i have booked for march 2017, same old cruise,it,s our 50th same as pension cruiser, eastern carribean and a stay in Barbados, stern balcony, 6022 :D

How? I cannot find any dates on Thomson website later than Sept 2016!

I thought Oct 2016 wasn't on the website and wanted to check the 15 night transatlantic, but had to put destination as Western Med not Caribbean, and it came up. Really fancy that one, 29 October, but isn't that the bad weather season? Never done transatlantic before and fancy having a go.

4 of us booked for September 10th, looking forward to a bit better quality boat than the Majesty that we were on this year.

Will also be some new ports for us in Lisbon and Gibraltar.

Happy sailing

28SAC

4 of us booked for September 10th, looking forward to a bit better quality boat than the Majesty that we were on this year.

Will also be some new ports for us in Lisbon and Gibraltar.

Happy sailing

28SAC

You can do both of these ports without the need for an (expensive) excursion, particularly Gibraltar. Enjoy.

You can do both of these ports without the need for an (expensive) excursion, particularly Gibraltar. Enjoy.

Thanks for that tip, I will be starting my research in the New Year and am sure I will get some sound advice here.

28SAC

We're booked on Discovery in September this year, a Golden Wedding celebration and a 1st Wedding Anniversary, how diverse is that, soooo looking forward to it. Cruised Thomson about 8 times now but they went off the boil, and we did Costa - a very good experience, so here's hoping Thomson are back to their usual good selves.

We have just booked onto discovery from 1 Jan 17 to 16 Jan 17. There are 4 of us, 2 of which are wheelchair users(young), all first time cruisers!

Cannot wait, but still unsure exactly what to expect.

Anyone with any tips or in particular about suitability of port stops for wheelchair users (areas to avoids etc) would be appreciated.

we are looking at the dream or the discover for next august. swaying towards discovery as its new and we get to fly Dreamliner too if going from Manchester.

what is the link to the fb page please?

also does anyone have a recent bar list from a Thomson ship - want to see the premiums if going on AI

cheers x

• 2 weeks later...

We're looking at a b2b 14 day cruise in August. Never cruised with Thomson what are there b2b like. Any advice would be great.

Currently torn between this cruise and P & O Azura Not cruised on either lines before so any advice?

We're looking at a b2b 14 day cruise in August. Never cruised with Thomson what are there b2b like. Any advice would be great.

Currently torn between this cruise and P & O Azura Not cruised on either lines before so any advice?

On a b2b you get the extra full day in the home port and you can come and go as you please. There is no hassle of having to disembark and be reprocessed through check in. They usually have shore excursions available for changeover day as well.

Do you mind flying? Do you mind sea days. For me the essential difference is the P&O ship is more modern and larger but takes a lot of sea days to get to the warm bits. On Thomson there are usually only 2 sea days in a 14 nighter. Thomson is more casual as well with the one weekly formal night dress code only applying to the main dining room. On P&O the code will apply to the main dining room and some of the bars and speciality restaurants.

Went to TA today and booked the transatlantic for 29.10.16. Free drinks package too. Really happy!!

Hi, my name is Jean and my husband are also on this cruise, flying from Manchester to Palma and are very excited about finally cruising in the Caribbean. It is great to get the Free Drinks too. Hope you have a fabulous time.

Doing Highlights of the Med on 20th Aug.... trip recommendations please? Think definitely Rome Express is getting booked... but not sure of others. Can they be done quite easily on your own?? thanks...

Looking at your itinerary, I can only comment on Livorno. We went there last year on a Celebrity cruise. We did an excursion which took in Pisa and Florence. I don't know what excursions Thomson do, but I would recommend this one if they do it. Hopefully, like us you would go to Pisa first, early, before the crowds descend. It was fantastic to see the leaning tower etc. Florence was beautiful and personally, I preferred it to Rome, but that's just me I guess.