Recent cruise on Majesty

This was my 11th cruise with RC. All 11 are either Sovereign or Majesty. This last cruise was really disappointing. Not sure I will go on RC again. Please, no basing or negative comments, its just a post with my experience.

First off, I always head to the windjammer, first thing, when i get on the ship for the delicious honey strung chicken. I was soooo disappointed to see it was no longer on the menu. Very disappointed. I later find out its on the room service menu so i order RS. When it arrives, its not the same. It didnt taste the same nor look the same. Instead of a filet style, its two cut strips. Just didnt taste like the HSC I remember.

The internet service is a joke. I was so disappointed. I always go to the cafe two/three times for a few minutes just to check in. Usually runs 15 dollars in charge but with my C/A perk I usually come out even on that charge. Now...you have to buy a package. No, by the minute use or charge. This new change is really disappointing. I dont need a package. I just need a few minutes so, i had to do without. Its 40$ a day or 20$ daily for the lenght of your cruise per device but you only have a few places you can use your device. No use in cabins.

RC has really cut back on so many things, down to a simple pen and note pad. The C/A is nothing like it use to be. I remember when all coupons were in a booklet for you when you get to your cabin. Now, its on your card, a way to cut cost and eliminate paper. However, I got 2 papers each day trying to get me to prebook another cruise. One in the morning and one at evening. Plus all the paper wasted to invite me to buy expensive jewerly, isn't that a waste??? There was nothing for me to benefit for being an Emerald cruiser other than the short cut to board. I dont drink, buy jewerly and photos are so expensive i didnt buy any.

My stateroom attendant was always in my room. Id leave early for breakfast and dinner. Both times he was in the hallway doing nothing, as they all wait for us to leave to go eat so they can clean our cabins. Since he looked like he was waiting to clean, Id always tell him my room will be empty plus i added the card in the door...clean my cabin. After being gone 2 hours he'd still be there and id have to wait to get in. Ive never had this before as most all times, i never see my attendant except for getting on and off the ship.

Also... the day I got off the ship, my bill was $XXXX the correct charge so, no need to dispute. Get home to find my bill is 20$ higher. I call RC to find out the cabin attendant charged me for the mini bar. Now, let me state that I always,....always immediately take the mini bar and put the items above my mirrow AND tell the attendant I dont wish to have any items so he knows, not to charge me. So, he ended up charging me anyway. Not surprised just be aware of your charges on your credit card once you are home.

I went with my son, his wife, and her mother. The mother in law has always cruised with another cruise line so this was her first time with RC. She is telling everyone how disappointed she was with RC. Honestly, I can't blame her. I was disappointed as well.

In closing, while all cruise lines have their issues, all have problems and minor incidents, ive been on this ship/sister ship 11 times and just didnt feel it this time. While the over all experience was good, there are the little things that can also add or take away from the cruise. Im not writing to debate or cause problems, this is a review post and for others to take or leave the experience. I love RC and always have but this time, I just didnt feel the same experience I am use to.

I'm sorry you didn't have a positive experience.

You may wish to try one of the other lines and see if they offer something more to your liking. While none of your points are enough to signal a huge problem with the cruiseline, I can understand that they were enough to convince you that a change might be in your best interest.

If I ever get dissatisfied with the experience on Royal Caribbean, I'd try NCL or Princess. In any event, you'll have fun looking for a new cruise line to sail with.

I wish you the best.

I've cruised several different lines and have always thought that RCI gave us the best value. HOWEVER, from what I've been reading, that might not hold up any longer. We have 2 more cruises booked and after that it might be time to look for other options.

I was also a little disappointed in recent Majesty cruise. BUT, I do like the size of the ship and the staff and bar service was great, no complaints. I won't know until sail a larger ship if it's RCCL specific or Majesty.

The beds were very uncomfortable. Has there been a change in mattress distributors? Years ago when Majesty went over a makeover the beds were very good. I'm not sure if it's just old mattresses, I'm not sure RCCL is putting the money there. I don't think I "loved" other RCCL cruise mattresses in the last few years but this one was the worst for sure.

I will say the bar staff on Majesty was very accomidating and flexible on Diamond voucher usage and doubt I could expect that on a larger ship. The hours and staffing of rock climbing wall could be better so people could use this activity but I may have complained about that years ago too so, nothing new.

It was oddly hard to find a menu in many venues so I do suggest printing out something head of time, especially if want to see something like virgin drink menu. Really can't complain about bar service since it seemed fewer lines than a year ago. Staff appeared the same so it could have just been fewer drinkers?

I thought the dining room was slower than normal, first seating and I thought they'd rush us out for second seating but the one show was often difficult to get to (or impossible if staying for dessert). I think food dropped off, just in the last year. I'm pretty good about finding something to eat but some items from last year were missing. I'd prefer only one night of singing and dancing because it was a pain when we'd be wanting to get dessert menus but they were singing and doing their show. I lack patience in this area and would have preferred to skip dessert but I was staying for table mates.

Since I know the menu is standard and if anything I thought the size of the Majesty lead to better menu food, I'm a little hesitent to even bother with main dining room on bigger ships.

Diamond coupons - I understand there is no booklet printed anymore but there should be in every cabin a very specific rundown of perks and to reference them as use. Our party definately paid for things they would have qualified for had they known and servers don't volunteer the info. They will let you buy two shakes at JRs with Diamond showing on card and not attempt to run you the BOGO unless mention it. Again, not a big deal but there does seem to be an effort to save paper, if they are going to preload cards the discounts should be automatically applied if happen to use one without knowing (visit JRs and pay for service charge of 6.95 and also buy two shakes, would be nice to see one taken off using coupon w/o needing to remember read it in a forum that should have bogo, because no list in cabin).

It was a little weird to have a show like "finish the lyric" in the centrim area and people sitting on steps instead of at a lounge but, no biggie, I just chose to head back to the cabin. I didn't attend 10:30 quest but it was on the last night and I appreciated the effort to start it earlier for those who wanted to see it.

RC has really cut back on so many things, down to a simple pen and note pad. The C/A is nothing like it use to be. I remember when all coupons were in a booklet for you when you get to your cabin. Now, its on your card, a way to cut cost and eliminate paper. However, I got 2 papers each day trying to get me to prebook another cruise. One in the morning and one at evening. Plus all the paper wasted to invite me to buy expensive jewerly, isn't that a waste??? There was nothing for me to benefit for being an Emerald cruiser other than the short cut to board. I dont drink, buy jewerly and photos are so expensive i didnt buy any.

My stateroom attendant was always in my room. Id leave early for breakfast and dinner. Both times he was in the hallway doing nothing, as they all wait for us to leave to go eat so they can clean our cabins. Since he looked like he was waiting to clean, Id always tell him my room will be empty plus i added the card in the door...clean my cabin. After being gone 2 hours he'd still be there and id have to wait to get in. Ive never had this before as most all times, i never see my attendant except for getting on and off the ship.

Also... the day I got off the ship, my bill was $XXXX the correct charge so, no need to dispute. Get home to find my bill is 20$ higher. I call RC to find out the cabin attendant charged me for the mini bar. Now, let me state that I always,....always immediately take the mini bar and put the items above my mirrow AND tell the attendant I dont wish to have any items so he knows, not to charge me. So, he ended up charging me anyway. Not surprised just be aware of your charges on your credit card once you are home.

Yes, it true that Royal Caribbean has made many cut-backs over the years. And I can only imagine how much more was offered prior to my first Majesty of the Seas cruise in early 2008.

Sorry to hear about the Honey Stung Chicken. It used to be available in the Windjammer on embarkation day, but sadly no more.

Most of the coupons were of no use to me for the most part, except for the photo discount and 10% discount in the Royal Caribbean logo store that I use every cruise. While part of the reason to put the "coupons" loaded on your SeaPass card was to cut printing costs, it also prevents people from trading coupons or saving them for another cruise. However, there have been many times I don't have the coupon book with me when looking at photos or shopping for T-Shirts, so I would have to run back to my stateroom to get it. Now I don't have to worry about that, so there is a trade-off.

Not sure how close to Diamond you are, but you do get a free photo per cruise when you become Diamond. Also, ship to shore phone calls for Diamond are $2 a minute (much less than what my cell phone provider charged me).

Sorry you got charged for the minibar you didn't enjoy. One of the Bar Waiters goes around to all the staterooms checking the minibar. I noticed a few cruises ago that the bar waiter at dinner was in an open stateroom I walked by restocking the minibar on disembarkation morning. There may have been a change in crew where your stateroom attendant and/or bar waiter were at the end of their contract and a new stateroom attendant or bar waiter started their contract and didn't see the minibar items above the mirror as they got the stateroom ready for the next cruise.

Not sure if it's too late, but try contacting Royal to get the $20 refunded to your card.

If you do sail again, I would recommend putting back the minibar items before you leave your stateroom at the end of your cruise.

On my last cruise, I had a stateroom in the middle of the Aft end of the ship. I would always see my stateroom attendant further down the hall as I left for breakfast and he would always say hello and was friendly. Then I would return after breakfast and my stateroom hadn't been touched, sometimes past noon. A few days later I saw another stateroom attendant in the room next to mine on the forward side and realized that my stateroom was the last one in my Stateroom Attendant's assigned block of rooms. I felt better knowing that my Stateroom Attendant was hard at work as there were many staterooms past mine to the very aft of the ship. Turns out, another cutback, assigning more staterooms to fewer attendants.

Anyway, hope your next trip is better.

This was my 11th cruise with RC. All 11 are either Sovereign or Majesty. This last cruise was really disappointing. Not sure I will go on RC again. Please, no basing or negative comments, its just a post with my experience.

First off, I always head to the windjammer, first thing, when i get on the ship for the delicious honey strung chicken. I was soooo disappointed to see it was no longer on the menu. Very disappointed. I later find out its on the room service menu so i order RS. When it arrives, its not the same. It didnt taste the same nor look the same. Instead of a filet style, its two cut strips. Just didnt taste like the HSC I remember.

The internet service is a joke. I was so disappointed. I always go to the cafe two/three times for a few minutes just to check in. Usually runs 15 dollars in charge but with my C/A perk I usually come out even on that charge. Now...you have to buy a package. No, by the minute use or charge. This new change is really disappointing. I dont need a package. I just need a few minutes so, i had to do without. Its 40$ a day or 20$ daily for the lenght of your cruise per device but you only have a few places you can use your device. No use in cabins.

I went with my son, his wife, and her mother. The mother in law has always cruised with another cruise line so this was her first time with RC. She is telling everyone how disappointed she was with RC. Honestly, I can't blame her. I was disappointed as well.

In closing, while all cruise lines have their issues, all have problems and minor incidents, ive been on this ship/sister ship 11 times and just didnt feel it this time. While the over all experience was good, there are the little things that can also add or take away from the cruise. Im not writing to debate or cause problems, this is a review post and for others to take or leave the experience. I love RC and always have but this time, I just didnt feel the same experience I am use to.

There are many who are, like you, disappointed in the new internet charge format. Then consider that for those that do buy the internet package is still is very very slow, they say.

As far as the mini bar charges go, that is NOT the responsibility of the cabin steward....that is the responsibility of someone from the food/beverage/bar staff. Did you put back into the 'cooler' everything that you took out? We have been 17 Royal cruises, 11 of them on Her Majesty, and never been charged for something from the mini fridge....we take everything out and put it all back the last night of the cruise. Never had a problem.

Ok, I'm going to be intentionally snarky and see if it gets me any retribution. If you went to the same McDonald's for 16 years and always ordered the McNuggets and then found out they discontinued the Hot Mustard sauce, would you swear off all McDonalds products at all locations forever? That McRib looks pretty inviting!

Ok, I'm going to be intentionally snarky and see if it gets me any retribution. If you went to the same McDonald's for 16 years and always ordered the McNuggets and then found out they discontinued the Hot Mustard sauce, would you swear off all McDonalds products at all locations forever? That McRib looks pretty inviting!

What is the point you are trying to make?

If you are referring to the statement "Not sure I will go on RC again" the honey stung chicken was not the only reason/concern it was only one of several issues that the OP found to their disliking. Had it been the only issue your hot mustard sauce would make more sense. A bunch of small things can and do add up.

Same two ships 10 times and one bad experience its time to look at other lines?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Perhaps they are used to a certain level of amenities and services and found it lacking. Personally I'd be bored going on the same ship 10 times but many people on this site that's all they do; sail the same ships and ports over and over. OP was just stating their experiences.

It's never one thing. It's many things viewed cumulatively. I think the point you originally tried to make missed the target.

well,

from your signiture, it looks like you waited about 2 years before you sailed again.. and certainly things will change in two years.

1. 1 less than great sailing out of 10? is that so bad?

2. you are literally sailing on the oldest ship in the fleet, that for a moment everyone thought was retired and then magically brought back to life..If I was going to take someone on a RCCL cruise to show them how great it is, I certainly would not have chosen the smallest ship in the fleet. Just my opinion.

They still call it the Honey Stung Fried Chicken on some ships, but it is not the same as it used to be at all.

I agree, it's some Tyson-like frozen thing now that is nothing like it used to be.