Chef's Table wine question

If you participate in the Chef's Table, do you receive a discounted price in either of the following scenarios?

1. You decline the wine pairings entirely?
  2. You have the Ultimate Beverage Package?

I have heard conflicting info on a discount if you decline the wine. It could be different ships will offer the discount, others won't. not really sure.

As for the drink package, I do not think that matters if you have it or not. No discount offered that I have heard of...

We've done it on several ships, never known anyone get a discount if not having the wines.

On our recent Anthem cruise there was a family with 3 children all under 18 but over 12 and also another family with two kids both under 5 (but they are another story!) and even though the kids did not drink they all still paid the same and no discount was offered.

We had drinks packages on the Anthem and Quantum and no discount was offered.

The only time I've even heard of a discount was when we were on our Serenade cruise in 2013, which in those days your dinner also included a copy of the Royal Cook book and a couple of aprons and if you wanted to go again during the same cruise they offered a discount as obviously you did not need another cookbook/aprons.

If you participate in the Chef's Table, do you receive a discounted price in either of the following scenarios?

1. You decline the wine pairings entirely?
  2. You have the Ultimate Beverage Package?

I know on one of our sailings one of the guests at the last minute canceled/did not show as they were told there would be NO discount of not drinking the wine.

so far as I know the beverage packages are NOT applicable here either.

I should also note that i did NOT get a discount for being allergic to 2 of the 4 course offerings( shellfish) the Chef was able to substitute something for the first course but not the third. he needed to have something that could be eaten with the paired wine. and yes I knew up front that two courses would be shellfish and yes I knew up front that Chef would TRY. ( the substituted duck for the first course everyone was jealous of.)

Chef's table is more about the creative food courses offered and explained by the chef, as we enjoy the social event of a special evening with a limited amount of guests.

The glasses of wine are simply something they offer as a side kick, and not the true star of the show. IMHO the wine is not really all that special. They are highlighting the food here, not a true wine pairing event. Finding a preferred glass of wine during the courses, I usually just stick with the one that I favor the most through the courses.

We always enjoy the Chef's table, and look forward to yet another foodie adventure. ;)

In March we took over the entire table for the family. We didn't get a discount for a non-drinker and the beverage package did not apply. Even though children aren't suppose to come they did allow the three year old to hang out for a while before she went to the sitter. Probably because we had the entire table.

During embarkation we were hanging out in the suite lounge and were offered a discount if we reserved right then. We made an open ended reservation with concierge "Ta Da" (some of you know whom I am speaking) and firmed up a date and number the next day.

I saw them doing CT during the trip with only 5-6 people. You might be able to negotiate a price if they have one of those low count nights.

It was a great experience and well worth the cost.

Would I get a discount if I decline desert at Chef's table?

[Tongue in cheek]

I've done Chef's Table 3 times. I will give you a "special tip" if you give me your desert. Consider that a "discount."

No "tongue in cheek," more like "awesome desert in mouth." I really will be more than willing to "take one" for you if you need it. :)

As a serious aside, we did Chef's Table on Rhapsody in Sep. There was only 6 of us at the event! It was FABULOUS! They kept refilling the wine while we waited between courses. My wife is also allergic to seafood and the substitions were wonderful. At the end of the dinner we were served Bailey's. Unlimited amounts. We "walked" out of there very happy. One of the best Chef's Tables we have been at, and they've all been fantastic.