Indy B2B ~ Sept. 20th & 27th ~ My Diary

maxs mom

I hope you will follow along on my LIVE from the Indy in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Of course I will. If I didn't tell you where the ship is you'd all be lost.;)

I love being on Indy. This thread just reminds me why. I wish the ship was still going to be doing 8 nighters next year but Navigator is taking it over. The year after Freedom takes it over. There is nothing quite like playing the piano up in the Crown and looking out over the ocean. Our living room doesn't have quite the same view.:rolleyes:

I think we might do Oasis next since I will not consider the ship again after it moves to Port Canaveral. I do not like sailing from there.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I love being on Indy. This thread just reminds me why. I wish the ship was still going to be doing 8 nighters next year but Navigator is taking it over. The year after Freedom takes it over. There is nothing quite like playing the piano up in the Crown and looking out over the ocean. Our living room doesn't have quite the same view.:rolleyes:

I think we might do Oasis next since I will not consider the ship again after it moves to Port Canaveral. I do not like sailing from there.

You should try to enjoy that piano playing experience up in Viking Crown as much as you can. That area is being turned into Izumi on Voyager class ships, and the Suite Lounge on Freedom class ships.

You should try to enjoy that piano playing experience up in Viking Crown as much as you can. That area is being turned into Izumi on Voyager class ships, and the Suite Lounge on Freedom class ships.

Well, aren't you just full of good news today.:(

Yes of course - we need your step by step navigational analysis or who knows where we would all end up? :eek:

You have now provided me with a clear visual of you playing piano.....for some reason it is a scene I may have seen somewhere before....but can't quite remember where.....:rolleyes:

Thanks Max's Mom. Great review as usual. Your reviews are always so calming and relaxing. Like talking to an ole' friend. I cruise the Anthem in 30 days and I'm bouncing off the walls. LOL!! :D Your review is just what I needed.

Enjoy the Jewel!

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Thanks, all!

I loved the 8 and 6 night sailings. I hate that Indy is going to 5 ~ 5 ~ 4 sailings and the crew is not too happy about it either.

We are going to try Oasis again in the Spring. I can only do the big, big ships once in a while. We'll see how it goes.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=max'smom;48095298][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Thanks, all!

I loved the 8 and 6 night sailings. I hate that Indy is going to 5 ~ 5 ~ 4 sailings and the crew is not too happy about it either.

We are going to try Oasis again in the Spring. I can only do the big, big ships once in a while. We'll see how it goes.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oasis, "the big, big ships," have their perks. I really like breakfast in the solarium cafe. The Wipeout is great for a quick snack. I do enjoy the larger Royal Promenade. I love the Aqua Theater shows. And for people like me who can't sit still very long, the ship provides a lot of real estate to walk and explore. But I do look forward to the bit more of a relaxed pace of the Voyager and Freedom class ships. Somehow, I don't seem to find the same sense of relaxation when on Oasis and Allure.

[QUOTE=max'smom;48095298][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Thanks, all!

We are going to try Oasis again in the Spring. I can only do the big, big ships once in a while. We'll see how it goes.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

The 5 and 5 works perfect for those of us wanting a 10 night cruise :) I guess it would be harder on the crew with turnaround day coming more often. One thing I do when on a b2b is give my cabin attendant the day off on turnaround day and let my cabin go without being serviced. At least it is one less cabin for them to deal with :o

[quote name='ckrobyn']The 5 and 5 works perfect for those of us wanting a 10 night cruise :) I guess it would be harder on the crew with turnaround day coming more often. One thing I do when on a b2b is give my cabin attendant the day off on turnaround day and let my cabin go without being serviced. At least it is one less cabin for them to deal with :o[/QUOTE]

Yes.... The 5 and 5's....even add on the 4..... Works fine for us.....especially if you can get the same cabin. But the crew is not looking forward to it. We'll look into those when Raj is back from vacation.

[quote=max'smom;48095298][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Thanks, all!

We are going to try Oasis again in the Spring. I can only do the big, big ships once in a while. We'll see how it goes.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[quote name='ckrobyn']The 5 and 5 works perfect for those of us wanting a 10 night cruise :) I guess it would be harder on the crew with turnaround day coming more often. One thing I do when on a b2b is give my cabin attendant the day off on turnaround day and let my cabin go without being serviced. At least it is one less cabin for them to deal with :o[/quote]

Interesting that the Freedom class ships are now referenced as "smaller" ships.

Oasis class can be just as relaxing as the "smaller" classes once you've been on them prior and don't feel the need for speed:). On a b2b we just sit in Central Park and watch the new pax charge on board.

Thanks for the heads up on the new schedule for Indy. As PBC residents just 35 miles from FLL, short cruises work for us and we haven't been on a Freedom Class in a while.

[quote name='The Big Booper']Interesting that the Freedom class ships are now referenced as "smaller" ships.

[COLOR="Red"]Oasis class can be just as relaxing as the "smaller" classes once you've been on them prior and don't feel the need for speed[/COLOR]:). On a b2b we just sit in Central Park and watch the new pax charge on board.

Thanks for the heads up on the new schedule for Indy. As PBC residents just 35 miles from FLL, short cruises work for us and we haven't been on a Freedom Class in a while.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it works for you. I have been on them several times "prior" and just don't find the same sense of peace I find on the other ships. Its my issue I guess.

And speaking of the need for speed... Top Gun is one of my favorite movies. :):) Edited by Ocean Boy

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I'm glad it works for you. I have been on them several times "prior" and just don't find the same sense of peace I find on the other ships. Its my issue I guess.

And speaking of the need for speed... Top Gun is one of my favorite movies. :):)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Oh no......It's not just your issue! I totally agree. We'll see how this next Oasis trip goes. Unfortunately, we have a CP balcony and I swore we would never get another one of those![/SIZE][/FONT]