Taking soft drinks on ship?

Hi, can someone please confirm if passengers are allowed to take their own soft drinks (soda cans/bottles) on board NCL ships or is that not allowed? If so, is there a maximum allowance and do you have to say upfront if you have soft drinks in your suitcase? I know you're not allowed to take any alcohol, but not sure about soft drinks.

Many thanks.

Hi, can someone please confirm if passengers are allowed to take their own soft drinks (soda cans/bottles) on board NCL ships or is that not allowed? If so, is there a maximum allowance and do you have to say upfront if you have soft drinks in your suitcase? I know you're not allowed to take any alcohol, but not sure about soft drinks.

Many thanks.

Yes, you can.

No maximum.

No, you don't have to tell anyone.

You can take wine on board. Info is in the NCL FAQ's for sizes/corkage fees.

Yes, you can.

No maximum.

No, you don't have to tell anyone.

You can take wine on board. Info is in the NCL FAQ's for sizes/corkage fees.

Hi, I did look at the FAQ at the bottom of the NCL website's main page and it states that you cannot take alcohol on board, didn't see anything about wine/corkage fees.

Could you post a link please, incase there is somewhere else with more current information that I've missed.

Many thanks

Many thanks.

All you need is to put a luggage tag on your case of soda and it will be delivered with your bags to your cabin. You may want to bring a case of bottled water too, as the mark up on board is 1000%.

Hi, I did look at the FAQ at the bottom of the NCL website's main page and it states that you cannot take alcohol on board, didn't see anything about wine/corkage fees.

Could you post a link please, incase there is somewhere else with more current information that I've missed.

Many thanks

Certainly. Check out the second part: Wine and Champagne Policy.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#alcohol-consumption

All you need is to put a luggage tag on your case of soda and it will be delivered with your bags to your cabin. You may want to bring a case of bottled water too, as the mark up on board is 1000%.

That all depends on what port you are sailing from according to many previous posts. I'm sure others can chime in with what ports don't accept them.

Many thanks

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Certainly. Check out the second part: Wine and Champagne Policy.

The page you sent a link to did not look familiar to me, then I realised I was looking at the ncl.com website, rather than the UK version ncl.co.uk website where the information is different. No info about soft drinks, nor bringing on wine and paying a corkage fee.

----------------------------------------------------

"Can I bring my own alcoholic drinks aboard?

Sorry, but we do not allow guests to bring their own alcohol to drink on board. If you purchase alcohol ashore to take home with you, this should be given to the ship’s crew when you get back on board and it will be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

back to top"

So, I can only assume from this differing information that those of us boarding (Escape) from Southampton CANNOT take soft drinks or wine - and pay corkage fee - onboard. If that's the case, why oh why do there always seem to be benefits for North American passengers/ports of embarkation that we don't share in Europe??

I'll contact NCL and confirm that this is the case and post back here a definitive answer.

Many thanks

So, I can only assume from this differing information that those of us boarding (Escape) from Southampton CANNOT take soft drinks or wine - and pay corkage fee - onboard. If that's the case, why oh why do there always seem to be benefits for North American passengers/ports of embarkation that we don't share in Europe??

Your assumption is wrong. The rules about bringing wine or non-alcoholic drinks do not change based on port, one can bring those just as well in Europe too.

Would anybody feel comfortable sticking a luggage tag to a case of glass bottled soda (Mexican coke or Izze)?

That's exactly what I plan on doing for my upcoming Escape cruise. I will bubble wrap it beforehand though. Costco $20 for the case.

Your assumption is wrong. The rules about bringing wine or non-alcoholic drinks do not change based on port, one can bring those just as well in Europe too.

That's good news then. It's just odd that the same information about taking soft drinks and wine (with corkage fee) on board does not seem to show up anywhere on the UK based NCL website, or at least I can't find it! However, if anyone can prove me wrong, please post a link to the relevant page.

Cheers!

Can anyone advise about Tampa? I've heard the porters [not NCL] have restrictions about dealing with cases of water/soda.

Have them in a bag (possibly a folding one with some wheels) you can manage yourself.

We had sodas in a large collapsable NCL duffel bag (filled pretty much to the rim) and when they refused to check it in, it was a huge PITA to haul onboard (heavy, large, not so ergonomic handles).

Luckily we don't cruise from Tampa often.

OK, good news. Just heard back from my PCC and he's confirmed that we can take soft drinks and water onboard the Escape from Southampton. Good to have a definitive answer :)

Sorry to say this, but the answers you get here are usually much more definitive than ones from NCL PCCs, they are known to give incomplete and/or incorrect information more often than not and most have not even set foot on a cruise ship.

Edited by Demonyte