Premium selection still included with old UDP?

sixesandeights

i have the old UDP on my upcoming cruise. Bought and paid for long ago. My terms and conditions say I can get anything including the "up charge" items. Is this still true? Has anyone ordered them with the old UDP package?

Nobody seems to know the answer to that question, including NCL. Some ships have said yes, others have said no. Seems like the answer is no more often than it is yes. My personal experience was a resounding no on more than one cruise.

i have the old UDP on my upcoming cruise. Bought and paid for long ago. My terms and conditions say I can get anything including the "up charge" items. Is this still true? Has anyone ordered them with the old UDP package? 6&8

The answer is YES.

We sailed with an old UDP in September 2015 on the Sky and October 2015 on the Epic. We could order any of the premium items at no additional charge. My DW ordered the whole main lobster and I ordered the large porterhouse at Cagney's. And the butter poached lobster at Le Bistro.

They will still charge you if you order two entrees at either restaurant.

If you have an old UDP that included a free Cique show on the first night, you can still get the free show by calling Reservations and getting them to add it manually. We did that on the Epic in October 2015.

Edited by BirdTravels

If you have an old UDP that included a free Cique show on the first night, you can still get the free show by calling Reservations and getting them to add it manually. We did that on the Epic in October 2015.

Thank you for the update about Epic. I have already booked the first night's Cirque for 50% off, but 100% would be even better… :p

The answer is YES.

We sailed with an old UDP in September 2015 on the Sky and October 2015 on the Epic. We could order any of the premium items at no additional charge. My DW ordered the whole main lobster and I ordered the large porterhouse at Cagney's. And the butter poached lobster at Le Bistro.

They will still charge you if you order two entrees at either restaurant.

Fantastic. Thank you.

6&8

Nope, the answer is maybe. Cruised in July and August of this year with the UDP and was denied both times. So my first response is correct.

In July we got free premium meals with the UDP on the Jewel. In September we got free Premium meals on the UDP on the Sky. This week we have had 5 free premium meals on the Epic in Cagney's and Le Bistro.

These are just data points consistent with the old UDP policy. As more people start dining with the SDP, the servers may get more confused and you need to ensure that they charge you appropriately.

Hawkeyetlse, How did you get 50% off Cirque with UDP? I saw you mention on another thread that you might be getting to book through myNCL as though you had the SDP, did it work out that way? We're on overlapping cruises & the best I could get with the UDP (June booking) was 25% off.

Edited by Boschmann

Hawkeyetlse, How did you get 50% off Cirque with UDP? I saw you mention on another thread that you might be getting to book through myNCL as though you had the SDP, did it work out that way? We're on overlapping cruises & the best I could get with the UDP (June booking) was 25% off.
Yes, I did it through myNCL, those were the prices that came up for me. We booked with the UDP in February 2015.

i have the old UDP on my upcoming cruise. Bought and paid for long ago. My terms and conditions say I can get anything including the "up charge" items. Is this still true? Has anyone ordered them with the old UDP package?

6&8

Just off the Dawn and we too had the "old" UDP ... we ate in specialties all 7 nights and in both Cagney's and Le Bistro I ordered the upcharge lobster as my entree, and was not charged :)