Israel and Mediterranean Celebrity Constellation cruise 22nd October 2015

Robbiew

This thread is a particularly good reason why one should take out travel insurance as soon as one makes a booking. The further out a booking is made the less likely the passenger is going to be aware that an event may be cancelled or changed. Thus the insurance should kick in and any costs incurred not refunded by the cruise line would be covered by travel insurance. The kicker here is if one makes a last minute booking ie a week or two out from sailing the insurance company could argue that the passenger didn't undertake due diligence and therefore with the unrest in that part of the world wont pay out.

Hi Mariah. We won't be joining you on the constellation after all sadly. Eric had a mild heart attack on the silhouette and we are still in Rhodes and he is in the cardiac intensive care unit. I think he'll be fine but I don't see any more cruises in our immediate future! So have a drink at the Sunset bar for us!

Hi Cathy:

I am so sorry to hear about Eric's heart attack, but very relieved to hear that it is a mild one, and that you are expecting a full recovery. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Eileen.

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words. He is doing well, laughing and joking as usual, and may be discharged by Friday. Not sure how long we'll have to stay after that though. But of all the places we could've ended up, I can't imagine any place better. It's absolutely beautiful here and I recommended for any future itinerary!

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words. He is doing well, laughing and joking as usual, and may be discharged by Friday. Not sure how long we'll have to stay after that though. But of all the places we could've ended up, I can't imagine any place better. It's absolutely beautiful here and I recommended for any future itinerary!

Thanks for the wonderful update!

Marie

• 1 year later...
Approximately 12 months ago we booked the above cruise, really looking forward to 2 days exploring Istanbul followed by 3 days exploring Nazareth, Bethlehem and Jerusalem! About 2 months ago the Istanbul section was cancelled with an overnight stay and a direct transfer to the ship together with an extra day at sea replacing it. We were disappointed but we still had the Israel trips to look forward to. About 2 weeks ago the situation in Israel began to degenerate and we were concerned that things may change again. The Israel section of the cruise had been replaced by visits to Rhodes, Santorini, Crete and overnight in Athens and the replacement of 2 days at sea all of which made us less than enthusiastic! We were offered a complete refund of cruise and excursion fees but other expenses such as foreign visa's, etc were not covered.

If we need a visa for Israel & don't have it, will the cruiseline allow us to board a cruise stopping at Eilat, Israel? Can we stay onboard the ship without an Israeli visa?

• 2 weeks later...

With ever changing global politics and weather, traveling is a very dynamic situation these days and we all have to be prepared for changes to our itineraries. It's just the way it is and so we must deal with it...sadly.