Live From Indy 10/25-11/1

Ander026

Good Evening All,

Well the first day is over for me. This evening I went to the late night comedy show and the comedian Michele Balan, was fantastic. She was better than the last few that I have seen.

While I was at the show I was uploading some pics to photobucket. Believe it or not every photo was uploaded.

Now some shots of Indy that I took today.

IMG_3807_zpslufsrknk.jpg

IMG_3814_zpsnbfrukhw.jpg

IMG_3825_zps9sbfgzv0.jpg

IMG_3832_zps0hv5po5x.jpg

Well that is all for this evening, See everyone tomorrow Monday which is a day at Sea.

If anyone wants photos of something specific please let me know and I will try and respond to your photo request.

We loved our cruise on Indy this past February. I believe the Freedom Class (Indy, Liberty and Freedom ships) are the best size....big enough, yet not overwhelming. They will only get better as they add more water activities to them as they are doing to Liberty when she goes in for drydock soon.

Say hello to Tom (part of the Guest Services team). He is phenomenal. He was part of the Cruise Director staff on our sailing and will know me because my husband Ken was always in Karaoke which he hosted. He called me Barbie (for obvious reasons) even though my name is Paulette.

He is superb!

Good Morning All,

Well it is now day 2. We are currently at sea. It is a great day. This morning I had coffee in the room then went up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Windjammer was very busy. I was able to find a seat quickly.

What a great morning

IMG_3838_zpsgop0pyec.jpg

Well when I got back to the room, I found I had stowaways that came with me. They took control of the remote

IMG_3837_zpssbjjztia.jpg

This afternoon is the M&M, then I will be watching the Belly-Flop Contest.

Yes....tough pill to swallow! We were actually chatting on FB last night....possibly next fall ;) ckroybn (and Shar) are GREAT company! I met them on the EX and had a great time as a solo-turned-not-so-solo cruiser because of them :)

That would be so amazing!! I really hope so!

From our group of 34 half of them had wifi and we all got it refunded due to lack of connectivity. None of us were even questioned about it and given full refunds. Even at the computer lounge the connection was sketchy.

We had two devices signed up and my DW could only get on 40% of the time, and I could only log on 20% of the time. Even when you finally got on you would lose connectivity at the drop of a hat.

We were also on the 10/18 and could NOT log on at all. My son runs his own business (along with another son who was not on the cruise) and planned to work from the ship as he's previously done numerous times. Luckily, he could get wi-fi at Margaritaville in Falmouth & Grand Cayman and Paradise Beach in Cozumel. The Concierges Raj & Sunil along with Guest Relations allowed him to call "home" a few times for free to clear up some business problems. He also got his internet package money refunded with no problem.

I asked if this problem was an isolated case and was told it does happen now & then but hadn't been THIS bad before.

Our friend has the Ben & Jerry Suite on the 10/25 sailing and also needs wi-fi for business, so we already warned him about the problems.

Edited by glendon3281

We were also on the 10/18 and could NOT log on at all. My son runs his own business (along with another son who was not on the cruise) and planned to work from the ship as he's previously done numerous times. Luckily, he could get wi-fi at Margaritaville in Falmouth & Grand Cayman and Paradise Beach in Cozumel. The Concierges Raj & Sunil along with Guest Relations allowed him to call "home" a few times for free to clear up some business problems. He also got his internet package money refunded with no problem.

I asked if this problem was an isolated case and was told it does happen now & then but hadn't been THIS bad before.

Our friend has the Ben & Jerry Suite on the 10/25 sailing and also needs wi-fi for business, so we already warned him about the problems.

So far this week the Internet has been working for me whenever I needed it. I am even able to download photos into photobucket with no problem. It is not the fastest I have seen but not the slowest either.

So far this week the Internet has been working for me whenever I needed it. I am even able to download photos into photobucket with no problem. It is not the fastest I have seen but not the slowest either.

Maybe all the complaints from the week before caught someone's attention???

Maybe all the complaints from the week before caught someone's attention???

More likely all the refunds did.:D

I still had a $87 bill for a ten minute business call. I should have asked Raj to use his phone.:)

I am happy to read, see and hear that the OP is having success.

More likely all the refunds did.:D

I still had a $87 bill for a ten minute business call. I should have asked Raj to use his phone.:)

I am happy to read, see and hear that the OP is having success.

I am looking forward to meeting Raj - I have heard great things about him :)

Good to meet and chat with you at the Meet & Mingle Robert earlier today. Internet is working fairly well for me better than I expected.

As Diamond Plus a one week unlimited for 1 device was $140 - $80 for my discount so paying $60 for the week.

Friends have not been able to sign up for some reason. Guest Services told them they are trying to get more bandwidth. :):)

Well back in the room to give everyone an update on what went on this afternoon.

Well to start off was the Meet and Mingle. This was held around noon. They had the typical drinks and snacks. However the bar was open as well so some guest's were able to have drinks.

IMG_3839_zpstexzrdxx.jpg

There was over 100 signed up and I believe that most everyone showed up.

IMG_3841_zpsm42icxix.jpg

Katie the Activities Manager was the host and there was many giveaways. More giveaways then any Meet and Mingle that I have ever attended.

IMG_3840_zpsazltjknx.jpg

After the giveaways were gone I meet Emmy and some of the Pink Boa Cruisers.

IMG_3843_zpsvfow95nt.jpg

Here is a pic where I am in

IMG_3844_zps9ngrbc19.jpg

Next up the Belly Flop.

Now was time for the Belly Flop Contest

IMG_3845_zps5sym24al.jpg

Even some of the ships Officers were judges

IMG_3851_zpsus3o1rfz.jpg

A view of the box

IMG_3861_zpsopmygsur.jpg

The Cruise Director Ricky having a blast during the contest

IMG_3852_zpsqflc2rfj.jpg

Some other views from the contest

IMG_3856_zpszwujz7p7.jpg

IMG_3855_zpsnxvaq0y8.jpg

Well now it is time to get ready for dinner.