Galveston port closed?

Beachin2

the storm left SA this morning about 10 ish and was headed straight at Houston/Galveston.

we had minimal flooding, a little right at the Zoo( did not check downtown and the Riverwalk, but chances are she was a bit high as well)

would not surprise me if the port had crap conditions.

Both ships are still in Galveston, I saw them from the Pier 23 cam. Talk on that blog is it weather related and not the tanker.

Another hour or two, and they will be out of Texas stamped liquor!:eek:

I just got a call from my mom who is on Navigator. She said that sailing is delayed until tomorrow morning and that RC announced they would be sailing the itinerary backwards (Roatan first, Belize second, Cozumel last) but she didn't have revised port dates/times yet.

Friends are on board now, NOS won't leave until 9am tomorrow. Itinerary is reversed.

Greg

Wow, the folks with the unlimted drink packages will be unhappy when the drinks stop. I would not be surprised if Royal gives them some sort of OBC to cover it.

Greg - Did your friends have updated port dates & times yet? My mom has private excursions booked for Cozumel and Roatan. She asked me to contact her excursion providers to let them know about the changes but I wasn't sure what to tell them regarding new dates and times.

Greg - Did your friends have updated port dates & times yet? My mom has private excursions booked for Cozumel and Roatan. She asked me to contact her excursion providers to let them know about the changes but I wasn't sure what to tell them regarding new dates and times.

No, if I hear something I will let you know. They were enjoying the Diamond Lounge.

Greg

Bob, are there certain amounts or brands of each liqour they have that they can serve or how exactly does the liquor law work?

Thanks!

Whatever they serve when they are within 12 miles of the Texas coast has to have a Texas stamp. They buy limited quantities of that, I assume because it's more expensive than what they usually buy, and when they are out, no more alcohol can be served. One time we were delayed a few hours leaving, and they ran out of beer.

Edited by clarea

Whatever they serve when they are within 12 miles of the Texas coast has to have a Texas stamp. They buy limited quantities of that, I assume because it's more expensive than what they usually buy, and when they are out, no more alcohol can be served. One time we were delayed a few hours leaving, and they ran out of beer.

Since they know they are not leaving until morning I wonder if they took the opportunity to bring more on board?

I got an update from my mom. Navigator will be in Roatan from 10 am to 6 pm on Wednesday, in Belize from 8 am to 5 pm on Thursday, and in Cozumel from 7 am to 5 pm. She said the were going to leave Galveston at 10 am on Monday and have sea days on Tuesday and Friday.

Since they know they are not leaving until morning I wonder if they took the opportunity to bring more on board?

We were on Voyager out of Galveston several years ago and trapped there in fog until Tuesday morning. They must have brought extra Texas stamped liquor on board as they never ran out although the selection was limited in some bars.

Edited by dplusd
sp