How much time to plan to get off the ship?

ommax2

Really spoiled girl here, with a question...

My mom has cancer, and to take advantage of every single memory making opportunity we have we are taking our family on a cruise(12/20 Freedom Sailing) and then spending 12/27-1/3 at WDW/UOR. (Yes, I said I am spoiled....:) !)

Tomorrow is my FP+ booking day for WDW, and I would like to know how long it will take me to get off the ship...I can estimate car rental to WDW myself, but I have no idea how long it will take us to get off the ship. I do not want to waste a FP+ during the busiest time of the year at WDW, so I don't want to book those too early.

Thanks in advance,

Mary Anne aka as Ommax2

It can vary, do you want to get off the ship earlier? You can do self departure, but if your mom isn't real mobile that can be a problem or you can go to Guest Services and ask for an earlier or later assigned departure time. My last time on Freedom included a post cruise excursion so we got off a 8:15

Thank you Bill! That gives me hope that my plan will work. BTW, I really enjoyed your Freedom review from the spring, it makes me want to leave today! (must finish nutcracker, must finish nutcracker...my mantra until the trip!)

Thanks again, and because of your review, I can't wait to try Sabor!

Mary Anne

What's FP+, remember this is a Royal board and from what I can tell this may be a Disney thing

It's the ride reservation system at Disney...fastpass+...sorry John....only way to stay sane at Disney is to have these set 60 days before you go...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me pretty happy!!! Glad to hear it is quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terminal 1 in Port Canaveral is all ramps for departure so it moves really quick for people with luggage. Much better than escalators

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Terminal 1 in Port Canaveral is all ramps for departure so it moves really quick for people with luggage. Much better than escalators

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

and if you have to use the elevators as we do you will get back in line with the folks you got off the ship with :)

This may have already been advised and I am not familiar with the route from PC to WDW, but as a Disney veteran, I would advise against booking any FP+ for the morning anyway. Even on busy Disney days, you get more bang for your FP buck if you book them for the late afternoon and evening -- that's when it REALLY gets busy!

In any case I wish you and your family a wonderful trip. :)