Not sailing until day 2 questions

Karysa

When overnighting at embarkation port when is the muster drill? I can't find a good time for it that it would be convenient to be honest. we depart day 2 at 5 pm so I'm thinking that 4:30 day 2 would be best if that's possible or perhaps even shortly after departure but since we would have technically been on the ship for more than 24 hrs I'm not sure that this would be allowed. Thanks:)

It will be just before you sail on day 2. EM

That doesn't work on our upcoming cruise as we depart at 20:00 (day 2) - I some how doubt that a muster will be any time during peak dinner time.

I suspect they will have one for those on board at about 16:30 and a repeat one the next day who who missed it, but who knows :)

It will be just before you sail on day 2. EM

I hope that you are correct. That would make the most sense to me. The issue here is that the itinerary has been changed.

Sail away was to be on day 1 at 5. It was changed to day 2 at 5 giving us an overnight in Honolulu and taking away the overnight in Maui. Therefore people are going to be going on and off the ship from boarding time day 1 until embarkation time on day 2 which will likely be 4 or 4:30 I am guessing.

Does this sound right?

That doesn't work on our upcoming cruise as we depart at 20:00 (day 2) - I some how doubt that a muster will be any time during peak dinner time.

I suspect they will have one for those on board at about 16:30 and a repeat one the next day who who missed it, but who knows :)

Does the muster drill need to be completed 24 hrs after embarkation or after sail away?

Last year we did a B2B2B on the Constellation. I just checked the Celebrity Today issues that I kept, as I thought we had experienced something like this.

Boarding of the Constellation for the middle cruise - Oct 25, we had an overnight in Istanbul, but we did not sail until Oct 26 at 2PM. Our muster drill was at 1PM on the 26th.

There was a kerfuffle with the TA, the last leg of our B2B2B. Instead of leaving from Civitavechcia which was closed due to winds, we left from Naples. (Long story, lots of moving disembarking and embarking of passengers between the two cities by Celebrity.) While not an overnight in a port, we sailed at 8PM, and our muster was at 7:15PM, so they can and do interrupt dinner with the drill.

Including these 2 cruises, our experience has been that the drill is about an hour before sailing.

There were 2 muster drills on Day 2 in Honolulu when we sailed on Century:

1) 9 am

2) between dinner sittings, for those on pre arranged Celebrity excursions.

9 am?? That would be awful. I hope it's not that. Did you find out before you boarded or on the ship? Thanks:)

Last year we did a B2B2B on the Constellation. I just checked the Celebrity Today issues that I kept, as I thought we had experienced something like this.

Boarding of the Constellation for the middle cruise - Oct 25, we had an overnight in Istanbul, but we did not sail until Oct 26 at 2PM. Our muster drill was at 1PM on the 26th.

There was a kerfuffle with the TA, the last leg of our B2B2B. Instead of leaving from Civitavechcia which was closed due to winds, we left from Naples. (Long story, lots of moving disembarking and embarking of passengers between the two cities by Celebrity.) While not an overnight in a port, we sailed at 8PM, and our muster was at 7:15PM, so they can and do interrupt dinner with the drill.

Including these 2 cruises, our experience has been that the drill is about an hour before sailing.

Thanks for checking.:) That makes the most sense to me. I hope they e-mail us before hand to let us know. This is a 5 night Hawaiian Island cruise and then 5 night sail to Vancouver so I can't look up what they did the weeks before our cruise.

My hope is to take a tour the first afternoon and a sunrise tour the next morning so I really need to find out for certain when the muster drill will be. It's not until May of 2017 but I just thought that I would ask opinions on it to see if there was a consensus.:)

9 am?? That would be awful. I hope it's not that. Did you find out before you boarded or on the ship? Thanks:)

I've never been told of Muster drill before we've boarded, but then I've never asked.

I think if the tours that you are taking are Celebrity tours, then arrangements will be made around then, but not if they are private tours.

I've never been told of Muster drill before we've boarded, but then I've never asked.

I think if the tours that you are taking are Celebrity tours, then arrangements will be made around then, but not if they are private tours.

I have never had reason to ask as I have always embarked and departed. If possible I think waiting until just before sailaway on day two would make the most sence and upset the least amount of people.:)

When overnighting at embarkation port when is the muster drill? I can't find a good time for it that it would be convenient to be honest. we depart day 2 at 5 pm so I'm thinking that 4:30 day 2 would be best if that's possible or perhaps even shortly after departure but since we would have technically been on the ship for more than 24 hrs I'm not sure that this would be allowed. Thanks:)

From San Francisco, we sailed at 5 PM on day 2 - I seem to recall muster being sometime between 3 PM and 4 PM prior to sailing.

On our Baltic cruise in May/June, we started with an overnight in Stockholm, with the ship leaving on Day 2 at 3:00 PM. We were expected to be on the ship latest by 2 PM and the Muster Drill was at around 2:30, just before sail away.

Thanks but was this all before 24hrs after embarkation.

I believe our registration / on board time is 11-2 so would our muster drill need to be completed before 24 hrs or does this not matter because we have not actually sailed.

I really hope that we have our muster drill on day 2 at 4:30. I think that this should be told to us so we can plan our evening and day in Oahu.

To be bold I think that it is unfair that if we are not told we have to change our plans at the last minute missing out on experiences and $. Also if you book with a guide and are a last minute no show because of this its unfair to the guide. We should be e-mailed the time of the muster drill if it is before the stated all aboard time on day 2 printed on our cruise documents.