Mini suites below glass sky walkway Regal Princess

seapals2

Funny thing is that not all rooms have the footstool. :confused:

I think all the extended balconies have the footstool (I was in one last month) because there is room for them. On the regular size balconies I'm not sure they would fit.

I think all the extended balconies have the footstool (I was in one last month) because there is room for them. On the regular size balconies I'm not sure they would fit.

Was your mini suite in this area overlooked from the glass walkway too.

Not sure how intrusive we will find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was your mini suite in this area overlooked from the glass walkway too.

Not sure how intrusive we will find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were under the SeaView Bar in C410 (port side). No one could look down onto our balcony from the bar area.

To me the bigger problem is that the Seawalk on one side and the bar on the other side can block the sun from the balconies of these cabins.

If you like shade, this is no problem. But if you want to sit outside in the sun you may be disappointed.

To me the bigger problem is that the Seawalk on one side and the bar on the other side can block the sun from the balconies of these cabins.

If you like shade, this is no problem. But if you want to sit outside in the sun you may be disappointed.

Sun blockage probably depends on what deck your cabin is on (the higher, the possibility of blockage). I wish the sun had been blocked sometimes on our Caribe deck balcony :D.

Shade is not a problem ... in fact very welcome. Husband very fair and not able to sit long in the sun. Also keeps cabin much cooler than full sun on the windows.

We usually go for the large balcony above the mini suite deck on Azura or grand class Princess which has part cover offering privacy from above and part exposed .. best of both worlds. Unfortunately this time the covered area will offer no privacy as we will be overlooked from the front. There aren't many ships you could say that! Unless crew come past washing down decks and windows.

The worst part is that the two week cruise is B2B so just as the passengers get fed up of the novelty after the first week a whole new crowd get on.

We're about to enjoy our 4th mini on the Regal/Royal and make a point of always selecting the midship minis with the larger balconies.

We've never felt like we were being watched. Of course, I doubt our fellow passengers would be so interested to watch us read, enjoy a drink or chat on our balcony, so no worries here! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the reply. A lot less bothered now we have checked out more threads. We have been over looked before from above and didn't have a problem using the balcony. It might even be fun watching people hesitate to step on to the glass .. it really does look a long way down to the ocean below.

We do like to have room service breakfast and eat on the balcony if the weather permits .. a lovely way to start the day.

We were upgraded to R411, directly below the Sea walk on the Regal for her recent 10 day cruise from NY. We loved the extra space in the mini-suite (vs a balcony) and found that the "seawalkers" were not as big of a problem as the info on these boards would have you believe. The balcony is larger and deeper than a conventional balcony, too. The biggest thing for us to get used to was lack of direct sunlight as the seawall blocked the sun to the balcony for most of the day. I'd upgrade to this room again in a heartbeat.