Mini suites below glass sky walkway Regal Princess

seapals2

Seems these mini-suites are where "Guarantee's " end up .

Walkers were more interested in looking down thru the glass floor than into our balcony. Could not see into our cabin .

Most people didn't spend much time on the Skywalk , just passed thru.

We were 0n Deck 14 .

005.jpg.e79ed6fd05f1f3013c9dc5be128d1d20.jpg[/ATTACH]

010.jpg.bc56c4ecb9f945d6aa8ec480c2a0df3c.jpg

Edited by MCC retired

Have been allocated a mini suite cabin below the glass sky walk ... Any one got experience of these cabins and how obtrusive this can be.

What deck? The lower the deck, the less visibility from the sky walk.

We just disembarked the Royal yesterday and did not stay in one of these. However, a couple we talked to were more concerned about the blue lights that were visible all night from the sky walk rather than having people look down. They apparently liked to keep the drapes open. I am sure if you close them this would not be an issue.

We were in a Royal Baja mini below the skywalk. Loved the location and larger balcony. The lights didn't bother us, nor did the occasional peeper when we were at the rail looking out and up. We figured they were envying our nice large balcony and happily continued with our adult beverages and books.

Have been allocated a mini suite cabin below the glass sky walk ... Any one got experience of these cabins and how obtrusive this can be.

When I was on the Royal I specifically went to examine this exact question. I found that on the starboard side if you face the ship and look down the balconies on the few decks below are very visible and seem very close. I also found that on the deck immediately below the skywalk one could actually look part way into the cabin if the balcony door was open.

On the port side most of these views are blocked by the Seaview Bar.

However, very few, if any, people stand out on the skywalk, they generally just walk through once or twice a cruise.

Oh dear ...deck 15 and starboard side ... Couldn't be worse apparently. However as my husband just pointed out our mini suite on Azura was overlooked all the time from the decks above. Don't think the blue light will bother us once the drapes are closed. Will post back with our findings.

We had a mini suite on Regal and our balcony was below the sea walk. People from above could technically see you on your balcony. But I never saw anyone actually looking at us. After a while you don't really notice it anymore. It should not present a problem for you unless you plan on being buck naked out there.

We had one on the Royal. I did not like the fact that the Skywalk blocked part of our view, especially in port. It seemed to be in the way for pictures. You get used to people looking at you as you sit on your balcony, but I wouldn't book one again. It was given to us as an "upgrade."

Hi,

Last year, we took advantage of an "up-sell" offer and were assigned to one of the mini-suites (R415) below the glass walkway on the Regal Princess. Although our balcony was visible from the walkway, this did not bother us. We liked having the larger balcony. Also, the stateroom was very nice.

Chuck

We were offered an upgrade & didn't even consider it for fear of getting stuck in one of those cabins. Right now on the Royal I think most of the cabins directly below the walkway are vacant. At least I've never seen anyone in there cabins or using the balconies. It's like being in a goldfish bowl. :)

We were offered an upgrade & didn't even consider it for fear of getting stuck in one of those cabins. Right now on the Royal I think most of the cabins directly below the walkway are vacant. At least I've never seen anyone in there cabins or using the balconies. It's like being in a goldfish bowl. :)

How much time do you spend watching them? :)

Excellent - with luck we'll be able to book a large mini balcony at a lower rate! :D If being "on view" is a concern, remember that people on the skywalk might spend a moment or two looking at the balcony of people below the walk, compared with the amount of time people on upper decks spend looking down on us when we're in our dolphin-mini on other Princess ships. Since mid-ship is where the large balconies and most stable locations are, that's where we'll be. When we want true seclusion we go inside.

Edited by LoriPhil

I would just add this...when the people on the SeaWalk are looking down, they're really looking at the ocean below. They probably don't care about people on their balconies, which are not at all interesting, rather they want that kinda scary view of the ocean beneath them.

I would have no hesitation in booking one of the mini-suites below the Skywalk or the Seaview Bar -- we had one on Caribe below the Bar on the Royal Princess earlier this year. Had no sense of being watched at all -- and never noticed the blue light. The Skywalk is a novelty -- people may look down once or twice during the cruise -- they don't spend an hour studying the cabins below. Once you've crossed it once, the novelty wears off and it then just becomes another pathway from A to B. Seriously, folks, all the balconies are overlooked to some extent so you should never expect complete privacy.

Love the larger balconies mid-ship on Royal and Regal -- have booked one on the Regal for next May. The bigger problem on these ships is the lack of a central staircase -- but that's another thread! ;)

I would just add this...when the people on the SeaWalk are looking down, they're really looking at the ocean below. They probably don't care about people on their balconies, which are not at all interesting, rather they want that kinda scary view of the ocean beneath them.

That all depends on who is sunbathing at the time. :D

Yes a clear view but probably no more than we have had on other ships where we have been overlooked from people above. At least we will see when people are watching us ... Watching them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And these balconies are ... Bigger ???? [emoji51]. Brings a whole new aspect to the Princess 'shelf'. Doubt we will be doing any sunbathing hardly room to stretch legs, although have noted the footstools.

Latest on our 'gold fish bowl' .. Having upgraded us this grade of mini suite Princess now want to charge us more to downgrade! Decided to pay for the Sanctuary instead. Hard to believe these cabins are a higher grade due to the slightly extended balcony. We will never tick the upgrade box again.

And these balconies are ... Bigger ???? [emoji51]. Brings a whole new aspect to the Princess 'shelf'. Doubt we will be doing any sunbathing hardly room to stretch legs, although have noted the footstools.

Funny thing is that not all rooms have the footstool. :confused: