Free upgrade of premium pkg. to ultimate

socialsea

Ok, so here's the scoop on the email I got from RCCL today about buying the premium drink pkg. and getting a free upgrade to the ultimate pkg. for my upcoming cruise on Freedom of the Seas, November 29.

There are 3 of us sailing in the same room for this cruise. Me, myself and my son. My son pre purchased the premium package about 4 weeks ago over the phone through RCCL. So I thought I would call tonight to see if I could take advantage of the upgrade for him. I talked to a Tim in the crown and anchor department. He said that there are just a few e-mails going out to certain customers meaning not everyone is getting this e-mail regardless of C&A status. Only the person the email is sent out to has the opportunity to upgrade. So because the email was sent to me, my son could not get the upgrade. If I wanted to purchase the premium pkg, and get the upgrade, I could. But not my son, nor my husband even though we are all in the same cabin.

Geez, why does Royal have to make everything so complicated. There seems to be catches to every offer they put out there

Not your husband either? I got the email, the email address for the reservation is mine. We only get emails to one address about the cruise. But I don't drink. I assumed I could have at least gotten the upgrade for my husband though in the same cabin.

Edited by sr4mjc

I heard about this promo earlier today. I had not received the email. As an experiment, I went to cruise planner, opened my reservation, and clicked on the beverage package. Didn't order one. Logged back out. A few minutes later I got the email. Perhaps they're sending the email to customers who look but don't buy the package? I can understand why they wouldn't send the email to someone who has already purchased.

When I opened the email today from RCCL it had my name and C&A status in the upper right hand corner. The person I talked to from C&A department said because it was my name and membership # on the email, I was the only one that could take advantage of the offer. So no, SR4MJC, I don't think your husband would be able to get the upgrade unless the email specifically had your husbands name on it. Unless, of course, you call, get a different person than I did, and get a different answer :rolleyes:

We too have only one email address for all our cruise info. So it is for whose ever name is on the offer only who is elegible.

I feel like I got the short end of the stick. I got an email that said drink package offer but had no offer!! I'm supremely miffed as I would of booked it today!!! [ATTACH]367314[/ATTACH]

I actually got that email last week [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow..and to think that some cruiselines actually include drink packages for you...

But RCI, sends out emails to a "select" few with no rhyme or reason it appears...

How about they give some incentive to their frequent or loyal cruisers??..Nah...

I called again this morning and now they have the info

It is only good for specific ships, in my case Brilliance but not Majesty or Indy

I could use it for either my husband or myself, not specific to the person the email was sent to

Told me to take the flyer but it would be automatically upgraded once we are on the ship.

We go a week from Thur so guess I will find out!

I also received this offer and took advantage of it yesterday. As others have indicated, there is no written confirmation of the upgrade and they say it will be automatically applied on board. Customers service advised to keep a copy of the reservation and my purchase receipt confirmation showing the date purchased as proof. Also, customer service said it was a one day only deal that was only good yesterday. Yesterday, the person I spoke with said it was good through 11/8/15.

If they cannot get the dates straight on the offer, how I am really supposed to trust them to actually apply the upgrade. I am very skeptical that this is going to work out as they say and will be disappointed if I have to start my vacation dealing with guest relations. :mad:

Just wanted to provide a follow up on this topic...got this email last week and purchased Premium Package. (with much skepticism about the upgrade) :)

Boarded Freedom this morning and saw the 'PP' sticker on my sea card. Asked the agent about it; she was familiar with the promotion and referred me to 'any bar or cafe on the ship' to have it upgraded. I went to Cafe Promemade for some water, mentioned the promo, and the server promptly pulled out 'the list,' located my name on it, and replaced the sticker on my card with 'UP' on it. No additional documentation needed...Success! :)

Just wanted to provide a follow up on this topic...got this email last week and purchased Premium Package. (with much skepticism about the upgrade) :)

Boarded Freedom this morning and saw the 'PP' sticker on my sea card. Asked the agent about it; she was familiar with the promotion and referred me to 'any bar or cafe on the ship' to have it upgraded. I went to Cafe Promemade for some water, mentioned the promo, and the server promptly pulled out 'the list,' located my name on it, and replaced the sticker on my card with 'UP' on it. No additional documentation needed...Success! :)

Were you able to upgrade just yours or you and the others in the same reservations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to upgrade just yours or you and the others in the same reservations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The booking for the cruise was made by my wife. We are both listed under the same reservation. She was the traveller who received the promo email, I never did get one. My premium drinks package was reserved through her RCCL account (she doesn't drink, so we only got a single package), and my upgrade was honored, without issue. I did bring documentation, just in case, but it was not needed.