Using your cell phone for wifi

iiramos

Yes, if you find a location that is offering free wifi. May cost you a coffee, or a beer.
as well as your identity through your userid's and passwords....

While public wifi is affordable.... some of that wifi may be questionable with data loggers harvesting user id's and passwords.

I use a VPN like SurfEasy when on public wifi.

[YOUTUBE]-wCn_JjxUJ0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]kPRAfuaHyys[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

Be aware of security risks using "free" wifi. Highly suggest you read up on VPNs and hotspot security.

Yes. NBC's Today Show had a great piece on all the hacked "free" wifi spots in tourist heavy cities worldwide.

Better way to go is international data plan and tether to partner provider's network in port.

Yes. NBC's Today Show had a great piece on all the hacked "free" wifi spots in tourist heavy cities worldwide.

Better way to go is international data plan and tether to partner provider's network in port.

Depending on where you are going, it might be worthwhile to just get a local SIM for your unlocked phone.

Have done that for British Isles cruises where I'm in one country - same for a cruise in Australia and South Africa.

While in Vietnam, I got a local sim plus 500mb of data for the huge price of $6. In the UK, it was about $12 for the same. Great value and lets you use the phone for GPS mapping around town.