Anthem of the Seas - Connected Balcony Cabins - What do you loose

AdvGirl

Currently I am booked in a connected balcony stateroom and was wondering what you loose as far as space or furnishings when you have a connected stateroom. By they way we only booked one cabin and will not be opening the connection between the two rooms.;)

Hello

You do not loose any space as is just a door in the wall (locked of course). The cabin will be the same as any other balcony room, within category of course.

I was on deck 13 connecting rooms & friends had normal balcony rooms on deck 6 and rooms were of the same but their balcony was a tad bigger (only due to corner). Hope this helps.

Hello

You do not loose any space as is just a door in the wall (locked of course). The cabin will be the same as any other balcony room, within category of course.

I was on deck 13 connecting rooms & friends had normal balcony rooms on deck 6 and rooms were of the same but their balcony was a tad bigger (only due to corner). Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the reply. Was wondering where they place the connecting door.

I was wondering the same thing. We are in 6166 on Anthem for the Nov 10 sailing. I thought I had read (for another ship) that they lost the couch due to the connecting door.

Yeah, you lose the couch on the Voyager Class ships (and I assume Freedom Class too but haven't personally confirmed). The couch was replaced by a single chair, which was a huge bummer. Seems RCI has fixed this issue on subsequent classes (Oasis / Quantum) by moving the connecting door to a better location.

• 4 years later...
On 11/5/2015 at 10:28 PM, Dall said:

I was wondering the same thing. We are in 6166 on Anthem for the Nov 10 sailing. I thought I had read (for another ship) that they lost the couch due to the connecting door.

I know it’s been a while since you were in this cabin, but do you happen to recall if the bed was near the bathroom or the balcony? How was the obstruction?

3 minutes ago, skyhawk352 said:

I know it’s been a while since you were in this cabin, but do you happen to recall if the bed was near the bathroom or the balcony? How was the obstruction?

6166 has the bed by the balcony.  The obstruction shouldn’t be too bad as you are between the davits. 

B73A088D-F9C3-4553-86C9-6C819D14BBD3.jpeg

We've had connecting cabins on Anthem several times when cruising with friends and our two grand daughters. The connecting door is just inside from the cabin entry doors so it is well designed as it is in between the two hallways beside the bathrooms and not in the main part of the cabins so noise from the connecting cabin wasn't a problem. The shot below is of the open connecting door 

anthemConnectingDoor.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 1 year later...