European itineraries/ships

mrobstad

I've just begun researching European itineraries for 2016. I've been on one Western Med cruise so I'd like to see something different. theres Baltic, Greece....so many choices. Which was your favorite and why? Any time of the year is fine too.

I've just begun researching European itineraries for 2016. I've been on one Western Med cruise so I'd like to see something different. theres Baltic, Greece....so many choices. Which was your favorite and why? Any time of the year is fine too.

We love Greece and the Adriatic. Particularly if the cruise leaves from Venice. Really like late April and September--fewer tourists and nice weather!

I kind of feel that the Epic is doing the same over and over for a pretty long time now. And the older and smaller Jade is less appealing, despite the lovely departure from Venice and beautiful ports she visits.

Not mentioning Spirit, longer cruises, older crowds, Celebrity has better offers with multiple S class ships if one wants that, IMHO.

The once in a year North Cape cruise with NCL is on the bucket list, no matter which ship in the current fleet, for the itinerary.

To sum it all up, waiting for BA, GA or ES to be deployed in Europe before the 3rd Breakaway Plus will be finished in Q2 2018.

But.. MSC might be tough competition for NCL in Europe at that point with their new mega ships (altough half of them, 2, are US marketed, project Seaside). And the newest Celebrity ship will be finished in fall 2018 too, she might head over directly or stay in Europe? Let alone RCCL with another Quantum class and a 4th Oasis class. NCL will surely need to bring a newer mega ship to Europe in the 2017/2018 season to keep up besides the extensive Epic refit.

We did the Costa Mediterranea out of Venice. Croatia, Montenegro (Kotar-WOW!!!) & Greece. Port intensive, but best cruz ever. Yes September is a great time. I don`t think we even saw one cloud!

Not enuf words to describe spectacular Venice...

I kind of feel that the Epic is doing the same over and over for a pretty long time now. And the older and smaller Jade is less appealing, despite the lovely departure from Venice and beautiful ports she visits.

Not mentioning Spirit, longer cruises, older crowds, .

But.. MSC might be tough competition for NCL in Europe at that point with their new mega ships (altough half of them, 2, are US marketed, project Seaside). And the newest Celebrity ship will be finished in fall 2018 too, she might head over directly or stay in Europe? Let alone RCCL with another Quantum class and a 4th Oasis class. NCL will surely need to bring a newer mega ship to Europe in the 2017/2018 season to keep up besides the extensive Epic refit.

......me to are tired of only getting the leftover-ships in europe!

And I'm also tired of the same old rome, venezia and barcelona.

Please give me something new........

MSC has their yacht club and thats are starting to look as a better offer then the haven on ncl.

Now a days is even Costa a better choice....:rolleyes:

My wife and I did three weeks aboard the Jade in May of last year and the ship, itineraries and weather were absolutely perfect. The smaller size of the ship compared to the Epic was a plus because of the intensity of the port schedules, and only 2 full sea days each leg. With that schedule the ship is much less a destination in itself. The first leg was from Rome (Civitavecchia), to Naples then Messina, to Kotor, Montenegro, which I must say was the most impressive approach to a city, a fjord with scenery that was breathtaking, and then Split, Croatia, and Venice. Then from Venice it was Katakolon, Athens, Kusadasi Turkey, Dubrovnik Croatia, Koper, Slovenia and back to Venice. The final leg was Venice to Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Dubrovnik again, and disembark in Venice. I highly recommend deck 9, forward Penthouse suite for incredible views.;)

Not mentioning Spirit, longer cruises, older crowds, Celebrity has better offers with multiple S class ships if one wants that, IMHO.

The once in a year North Cape cruise with NCL is on the bucket list, no matter which ship in the current fleet, for the itinerary.

To sum it all up, waiting for BA, GA or ES to be deployed in Europe before the 3rd Breakaway Plus will be finished in Q2 2018.

Really - do you honestly think that BA GA or ES will get re deployed to Europe? Nice idea but I think there is more chance of Corbyn becoming prime minister of England!:D