LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

Could you tell me the areas reserved for smoking, we are Diamond Plus and are familier with othe RC ships, will be on the 12 day over Xmas and New Years for the first time on this ship.

Most of the RC ships have smoking outside on one side of the Promenade Deck also. :D

I am not one to compare Carnival against Royal, in fact after our recent cruise on the Dream...I do not know when we will ever go again. But I will say this for them, we purchased the internet package for our 10 day cruise and it was $90.00. Speed was excellent and that allowed us access to the internet for everything other than streaming video. I think Royal is pretty outrageous with their prices on that. That also included as many devices as we wanted just signed in one at a time.

Thank you for your review Trainman! You and Judith are so cute together and I try never to miss one of your live reviews!!!:D

Carnival's new internet packages are fantastic. But I am normally connected 16 hours a day .. so when I cruise the iPad and phones are turned off and go in the safe.

We got a lot of stories from people who took the island tours today.

All of the roads are basically one lane cut into the side of the mountains and when two vehicles meet, one has to yield and pull to the side.

On the switch backs, the drivers blow their horns as they approach.

Several ladies told us they were in fear for their lives on some of the mountain sides.

I wish I know your secret to taking pictures of food. Most of the time my food pictures come out looking unedible. :o

My camera has a close upsetting which I use and also I shoot straight down using the automatic flash.

I have gotten over people looking at me funny as I am taking photos of my food and wondering what I am up to.

I noticed the sourdough rolls on Judith's plate. I love them!

It is funny how I find that certain lines have favorites (or at least did if they haven't changed menus!).

RCCL - their breads, especially the sourdough and the Tutti-Fruiti Salad Bar offered on sea days at Lunch in the MDR

HAL - chilled soups (no longer on most RCI nights) and fruit pie desserts

Celebrity - stir fry station - yummmmmmmmy!!!!

While I find the food selections about the same, the difference is in the preparation and sometimes even presentation. After all, all lines offer a soup, salad, appetizer and main meal of fish, meat (beef, chicken), veggie and alternates that pretty much match across the board.

I would love to see a chef's special at least once or twice a cruise that provides a surprise to the cruisers. If one is a frequent cruiser, we know that if today is .... the chef's special will be .... The menus haven't changed in about five years even with a 14-day rotation where most of the food remains the same with a different name.

We are on the Serenade in early December and am enjoying your photos and review. Thank you for taking your time to keep us entertained and informed.

Judy

I asked our house sitter to send some photos of Red Dog and Spotty if the opportunity came up and I got these last night.

Both of the wiener dogs and Booty will all run to the front door when the door bell rings barking. They do the same for any strange noise outside the house.

Red Dog is super friendly once she gets to know someone and here she is in the Kitchen hoping that she is going to get a doggie treat.

01RedDog_zpszbkmgo9c.jpeg

Spotty is a wimp! He spends most of his time tunneled under the covers on my bed. He has a way of grabbing them and moving them all around but has never chewed on them.

01Spotty_zpsdhvc1exr.jpeg

Our house sitter makes my bed every time she comes and by the time she returns it is torn up again! :eek:

Some Random Photos From Yesterday...

A work boat anchored in the harbor. Note that this boat has ramps on the starboard side and the stern. These small boats are commonly used to move cargo from island to island and can easily roll things on and off using the ramps.

FSCN1063_zpsq0bjd4r6.jpg

Edited by Trainman-2

I shot this photo early yesterday morning as the ship was coming into port.

It looked like an old fort, and maybe was part of the island's defenses in the early days.

Looking at the photo now is appears to have been converted into a house of some sort. Your guess is as good as mine!

FSCN1045_zpskeyfzsil.jpg

I asked our house sitter to send some photos of Red Dog and Spotty if the opportunity came up and I got these last night.

Both of the wiener dogs and Booty will all run to the front door when the door bell rings barking. They do the same for any strange noise outside the house.

Red Dog is super friendly once she gets to know someone and here she is in the Kitchen hoping that she is going to get a doggie treat.

01RedDog_zpszbkmgo9c.jpeg

Spotty is a wimp! He spends most of his time tunneled under the covers on my bed. He has a way of grabbing them and moving them all around but has never chewed on them.

01Spotty_zpsdhvc1exr.jpeg

Our house sitter makes my bed every time she comes and by the time she returns it is torn up again! :eek:

They are very cute! We had a miniature dachshund when the children were growing up. Miss her