LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

We sailed the Serenade last April on a repositioning cruise from New Orleans to Boston and we shall sail the same itinerary as you folks in mid-January. This will be our first stop at Antigua and St. Kitts. If you are taking the train tour on St. Kitts, I would be interested in your thoughts and any photos.

I look forward to checking in and reading your comments each day.

P.S. We found that the Park Café is a great place for a light lunch on a sea day.

I don't want to hijack Trainman's report. Just wanted to tell you that we have taken the train in St. Kitts twice and we really enjoyed it.

A mini-bus took us to the train and the driver gave us the history of many parts of the island. We always choose the top deck of the train which is open air (covered) and has good views. All drinks are included in the tour!

Of course that is just our opinion - hope it is helpful.

I figured! ;)

Cathy

Booty has a way of resting her head on my knee and looking up at me with her big brown eyes and conveying the thought that she is there and waiting for a snack!

I am sure that I will quickly get back into the habit of feeding her when we get home.

I don't want to hijack Trainman's report. Just wanted to tell you that we have taken the train in St. Kitts twice and we really enjoyed it.

A mini-bus took us to the train and the driver gave us the history of many parts of the island. We always choose the top deck of the train which is open air (covered) and has good views. All drinks are included in the tour!

Thank you. Your input is appreciated.

We've taken a tour of St Kitts but we're planning to take the train on our cruise in April. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

DH and I are also on this cruise along with many who have posted. I'm taking it all in and will read each post!!!

CRISIS In The Smoking Area!

We started the cruise with 3 tables and 12 chairs.

DSCN1007_zpssnuhy34w.jpg

Now we are down to 2 tables and 2 chairs!

omg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gifomg_zps82no2te5.gif

What?????? You better get that fixed!!!!! Have to ask...did you get mint jelly last night? Have a cookie or two for us!

We just got off the Serenade on Friday. If you have anytime dining, request a dinner table with servers Nelvis and Silviu - our table was #530. They are both true gems - gracious, enthusiastic, attentive. Nelvis made nightly menu recommendations and he never steered us wrong - our dinners were a highlight of our cruise!

YES!

They did have Mint Jelly but we packed a small jar in case of an emergency or some sort of shortage.

Trainman2 - mint for lamb is never a problem - have them chop mint and add some malt vinegar - it is close to the real thing - mint sauce :D

It was "formal night" in the Windjammer tonight.

As usual, the Windjammer was only about 30 % full but there were 10 - 15 couples who came in to eat in their formal wear.

There was a good selection of things to pick from in the Windjammer which is one reason why we have been eating there regularly on our cruises.

Judith

DSCN1008_zpsmux3gjl7.jpg

Me

DSCN1009_zpssrvdda9s.jpg

Is the train trip by RCI or local company? If the latter do you remember the name of the company?

Is the train trip by RCI or local company? If the latter do you remember the name of the company?

If the ship is in port, they only run trains through the cruise line, and you have to book it with them. It was okay. It is a ride through a whole lot of abandoned sugar cane fields. If it is in the Spring/Summer, there are a lot of goats. During the Winter, the goats are far fewer in number.

Edited by Coralc