LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

It was "formal night" in the Windjammer tonight.

As usual, the Windjammer was only about 30 % full but there were 10 - 15 couples who came in to eat in their formal wear.

There was a good selection of things to pick from in the Windjammer which is one reason why we have been eating there regularly on our cruises.

Judith

DSCN1008_zpsmux3gjl7.jpg

Me

DSCN1009_zpssrvdda9s.jpg

Those meals don't really look that appetising on the plate and as an alternative to a formal night meal in the MDR would make me order a room service sandwich as a better option. Perhaps they tasted better than they looked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those meals don't really look that appetizing on the plate... Perhaps they tasted better than they looked.

Food is subjective and different people like different things.

The carved Roast Beef was nicely done but a lower quality cut and more than a bit chewy. They had some excellent gravy's and sauteed mushrooms to go with it.

The secret to eating in the Windjammer is walking around and checking out everything before you start loading up your plate.

Everything last night was good except for the mashed potatoes which were very dry.

It was "formal night" in the Windjammer tonight.

As usual, the Windjammer was only about 30 % full but there were 10 - 15 couples who came in to eat in their formal wear.

There was a good selection of things to pick from in the Windjammer which is one reason why we have been eating there regularly on our cruises.

On our Serenade cruise this fall, every evening at dinner in the Windjammer, they made crepes - we highly recommend you try them!:)

Love your travels.

Question, the picture you posted at the Embassy Suites, do you remember what floor you were on, I saw the trees in your small balcony window.

Were you near the pool?

Okay, enough from me, cannot wait for more from your travels.

Safe journey

Jim .. Let me know if you see escargot on the menu? Had none on our carnival cruise last month. Hoping there is not another global shortage :-(

We had escargot on our Jewel cruise in October. They were on the menu just about every night as well!

Trainman, enjoying your posts as usual. Have a wonderful trip.

As we follow you on our cruise next week DW was wondering if there are laundry facilities available as it is a long cruise.........

Skip

Royal has no self-service guest laundry or ironing facilities on any ship. However they do have a service than can wash, dry-clean, and press clothing.

Enjoying your pictures and report. After how busy you have been at home, I hope you have a very relaxing time with wonderful weather. Just checked awhile ago on Booty...seemed to be having fun. She had her tail high and it was constantly wagging. Thank you and happy cruising!