** LIVE from the Independence of the Seas B2B November 16-26, 2015**

ckrobyn

Dinner at Chops.....Amazing!

Guy 3 tables over having a total meltdown because they don't serve ribeye steak.......Priceless!

He even ranted that he's D+ and has 175 nights at sea. Can someone please tell me how on earth that statement is going to help a ribeye magically appear???? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would never act like that and we have more points, sail in suites, and are Canadian.:)

Obviously none of his points have been made in the last year or more as ribeye has been off the menu since they changed it. Maybe he thought they'd do a cruise by an island, pick up a cow and have Anthony Bordain sacrifice it for him. :eek:

Just think, you get to "hang" with this guy for the next few days in the suite or D lounge. Please let us know what other things will make him act like a 5 year old, as we might have a few laughs along the way. You better give both concereiges the heads up. ;) Unfortunately this guy doesn't help the image of the normal Diamond+ cruiser.

Good morning!

I was awoken to an announcement by the Captain at 6:25AM and I only caught the tail end of it, which was.....you are not in any danger! Whaaaaaaat??? I tried calling Guest Relations, was on hold for 10 minutes and gave up. I walked down to deck 4 and security is holding and securing all outdoor decks! By now I am starting to freak out....

I asked the guard what's going on? So.....there is a small boat filled with people on the starboard side. Okay, up I go to the only deck passengers are allowed outside, deck 11. Sure enough, the view from the window is a small craft full of men, and it is obvious they are in danger. They are taking turns bailing water out with a plastic cup [emoji15]

The Captain has made several announcements since then, and we are holding in our present position waiting for a coast guard vessel and helicopter. He had also said that we are required by law to wait with this boat until help arrives. I know we are off the coast of Cuba, so the feeling is these are likely refugees. The Captain has also announced that we will be delayed reaching our next port of call, Belize.

A very scary awakening out of bed this morning, but I hope those people in the boat are safe and ok. I saw the small craft from deck 11, and they were shouting and waving. I have never seen that many passengers up on the pool deck 6:45am.

I'll update more later. Right now we are not moving, just waiting for the coast guard.

Robyn, I think you need to become a reporter. 😃 I am able to "feel" your emotions when you post. And, holy crap, waking up to the captain saying, "You are not in any danger ". That would freak me out also. Didn't you say it was his first day back at sea? Welcome back Captain! 😆😨

Edited by kandj05

Update. This is now considered a search and rescue mission. We have been instructed by the U.S. Coastguard to hold our position. Their ETA is now 9:30AM. Here is a picture of the small vessel off the port sidebdc7d13f5fd6400036ce4fb697e77883.jpg

What a way to wake up. You have one type of situation in your "outside" view. We have another type of situation today with our outside view just north of London Ontario. Don't worry it is going to be +8C by Wednesday, so it will gone prior to your return home.

It sounds as though Indy came along at the right time to assist these people in need.

image.jpg.4c46401506202d239ab9c6e12226ef13.jpg

We will be delayed arriving at Belize by several hours. I don't have an excursion planned, but those that do aren't going to be happy. I'm sure Mr. Ribeye will be first in line at Guest Relations looking for a free cruise [emoji15]

They make you go back to muster on a B2B when you stay in the same cabin? :confused:

Yes, you must do muster each cruise, no matter how many consecutive cruises you have in the same or different stateroom.

Edited by clarea

Same situation just happened Nov. 17 with the Caribbean Princess. They were 20+ miles off Roatan. The "vessel" was also from Cuba and they had to wait a couple hours for the Mexican coast guard to come take control. They said they had been floating at sea for over a month!

OMG what an experience.

The same thing happened to us on our Oasis sailing this August.

A small looked like a flat boat with a sheet sail floating on the waves with just a few people on board.

Coast guard was called and we stayed till they were almost on site.

Our little refugees were safe, just refused water and help.

Just thinking of the means people will take to escape how they live is amazing.

Thanks for the post.

Safe travels.

We will be delayed arriving at Belize by several hours. I don't have an excursion planned, but those that do aren't going to be happy. I'm sure Mr. Ribeye will be first in line at Guest Relations looking for a free cruise [emoji15]

Now I have to wipe my iPad. Can I great some credit for that?:D:p

Dinner at Chops.....Amazing!

Guy 3 tables over having a total meltdown because they don't serve ribeye steak.......Priceless!

He even ranted that he's D+ and has 175 nights at sea. Can someone please tell me how on earth that statement is going to help a ribeye magically appear???? [emoji57]

Maybe he has been watching too much of Bravo TV's "Below Deck". They would have had it delivered out at sea by tender.

Update: the U.S. Coastguard plane is circling above, and the chopper is on the way. The Captain has just announced we are clear to proceed. So far we haven't moved and it's been about 20 minutes. There is so much chatter around the ship and a lot of different stories being told by passengers. Some have said the little boat is from Nicaragua. I'm not a geography expert but.....? [emoji15]

Robyn, I think you need to become a reporter. [emoji2] I am able to "feel" your emotions when you post. And, holy crap, waking up to the captain saying, "You are not in any danger ". That would freak me out also. Didn't you say it was his first day back at sea? Welcome back Captain! [emoji38][emoji32]

Aaaaah! Thank you [emoji1] a real reporter I am not. I only play one on Cruise Critic [emoji6]

We would never act like that and we have more points, sail in suites, and are Canadian.:)

Obviously none of his points have been made in the last year or more as ribeye has been off the menu since they changed it. Maybe he thought they'd do a cruise by an island, pick up a cow and have Anthony Bordain sacrifice it for him. :eek:

Just think, you get to "hang" with this guy for the next few days in the suite or D lounge. Please let us know what other things will make him act like a 5 year old, as we might have a few laughs along the way. You better give both concereiges the heads up. ;) Unfortunately this guy doesn't help the image of the normal Diamond+ cruiser.

Okay the Anthony Bourdain reference is hysterical! [emoji12]

What a way to wake up. You have one type of situation in your "outside" view. We have another type of situation today with our outside view just north of London Ontario. Don't worry it is going to be +8C by Wednesday, so it will gone prior to your return home.

It sounds as though Indy came along at the right time to assist these people in need.

I see that you got the snow. None on the other side of Toronto. Time to stop procrastinating and rake the rest of the leaves.

A short recap of last night. The comedian, Phil Tag was hilarious! If you get a chance to see him on a ship make sure and go! Chops was fabulous. The steak was cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable. We may dine there again this week [emoji106] Boleros music stopped at 12:30, just in time for me to be rocked to sleep....... I don't know about everyone else, but I sleep like a baby when I'm cruising [emoji1]

Good morning Robyn!, and I hope it is another glorious day ahead. I am on Indy in January and trying to get some info as well. BTW also a promenade room. From your review I gathered ton of useful details ! So we have only one formal night and its on first sea day. Also, for Jamaica, have you or your friends done any excursions before? We did Ocho Rios , Dunns and blue hall last year, and not into beaches (living in Florida).

Good morning Robyn!, and I hope it is another glorious day ahead. I am on Indy in January and trying to get some info as well. BTW also a promenade room. From your review I gathered ton of useful details ! So we have only one formal night and its on first sea day. Also, for Jamaica, have you or your friends done any excursions before? We did Ocho Rios , Dunns and blue hall last year, and not into beaches (living in Florida).

Hey there!

Yes, one formal night on the first sea day. The only excursions we have done are to the sunset beach resort years ago in Montego Bay, and more recently an RCI excursion to a beach in Falmouth but they have since discontinued that particular beach. They are going to Red Stripe Beach I believe? It has gotten mixed reviews......

It is a gloriously sunny sea day today[emoji106][emoji41]