What are the "must do" foods?

Eggs benedict in the main dining room for breakfast was great.

Anyone remember about Honey-stung chicken, that was good. They used to have them at the Windjammer, but for last several cruises, I haven't seen it. I wonder why they don't make it anymore. I thought many people like that one.

Honey-stung chicken is still there...sort of. It's on the room service menu but from what I've heard it's been changed up somehow.

Eggs benedict in the main dining room for breakfast was great.

Anyone remember about Honey-stung chicken, that was good. They used to have them at the Windjammer, but for last several cruises, I haven't seen it. I wonder why they don't make it anymore. I thought many people like that one.

Only appeared on the room service menu on the Adventure. My mom ordered it and it basically just chicken fingers. Nothing "honey-stung" about them.

Windjammer:

egg station (best omelets ever!)

French fries

bread pudding with vanilla sauce

lentil stew

MDR:

sticky bread pudding

horseradish encrusted salmon

mashed potatoes

Any of the rolls/breads (personal favorite: cheese roll!)

chicken marsala

osso bucco (although the best is in Giovanni's)

Sherri

Edited by sjb317

D/W really likes the beef tenderloin and the lobster. I like the chicken marsala and some of the chilled soups, especially the strawberry bisque. As for dessert, the sticky bread and butter is sweat but very good.

I'm with y'all on the beef tenderloin! Favorite meal, I had it the first formal night, it's on the Saffron menu. I also enjoyed the jalapeño potato soup. I don't think I had one bad thing in the MDR (we got as often as possible), other than the last night was really busy and my steak came out a little underdone for my taste, still edible though!

Thanks everyone! You have given us so much to look forward to for our cruise! Is there creme brûlée anywhere?

They do have a "BBB" Creme Brulee but I'm sorry to say it's pretty terrible

(The 'B's are for Bailey's Irish Creme and bananas). This is coming from someone who knows how to make, and eat, a good creme brulee. It's too thick (virtually gelatinous), the sugar layer isn't done well and the taste just isn't what it should taste like. It's either grossly overcooked or they use a thickener in addition to the egg yolks.

I don't recall seeing a normal creme brulee on any of my cruises, but i've only done a specialty restaurtant once, so perhaps you can fine it there.