Deposits and booking while on cruise

MsSoloTravel

I was thinking about booking a cruise while on my next cruise. I just did a mock booking for a cheap 5 day cruise a year from now and the deposit for 3 people was $600. I thought my deposit was high on the cruise I just booked was because it's so close to the sail date, but I see that had nothing to do with it. Have the deposit amounts always been that high?

What can you change when booking past guest through this program? I know you can change cruises but can you change embarkation port and room category? If you book a 3 day and change to a 7 day does the OBC then go up to $100?

The OBC will adjust based on the length of the sailing. So yes you can book a 3-day, which has a lower deposit, then switch to a 7-day later and the OBC for booking onboard will adjust accordingly. The deposit amount is always based on the length of the sailing unless Carnival is running a $50pp deposit sale.

Please decrease the font size on your post. Seriously.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

As long as you don't book ES, you have flexibility to change cruises after booking. You can change embarkation ports. OBC will adjust if you change the length of the cruise. Many people book Past Guest Rates for the shortest cheapest cruise as far in the future. They do this just as a holding cruise for the OBC, they intend to change to their desired cruise when on land later.

I was thinking about booking a cruise while on my next cruise. I just did a mock booking for a cheap 5 day cruise a year from now and the deposit for 3 people was $600. I thought my deposit was high on the cruise I just booked was because it's so close to the sail date, but I see that had nothing to do with it. Have the deposit amounts always been that high?

What can you change when booking past guest through this program? I know you can change cruises but can you change embarkation port and room category? If you book a 3 day and change to a 7 day does the OBC then go up to $100?

As long as you don't book ES, you have flexibility to change cruises after booking. You can change embarkation ports. OBC will adjust if you change the length of the cruise. Many people book Past Guest Rates for the shortest cheapest cruise as far in the future. They do this just as a holding cruise for the OBC, they intend to change to their desired cruise when on land later.

This is what we do.

On Glory back in 2013, I booked a three day cruise using Past Guest rates to who knows where. I don't even remember the ship. I paid the deposit and received paperwork stating I was getting $50 obc for that cruise. I called my PVP as soon as we got home to pass on the booking to him, so he'd get the credit.

Fast forward a few months. While playing on the Carnival website, I found the 13 day Legend repositioning from Tampa to Long Beach. I contacted my PVP to transfer the booking to the new cruise. I paid the additional deposit amount. Our obc changed to $200.

Edited by stargate fan