UBP and bringing wine onboard

Gregor4500

I know the current rules and usually bring a half dozen bottles on board and pay the corkage.

I was hoping by the time I sail next, (almost a year) they'll let you bring on with no charge if you have the UBP.

I would think it would save them money if people didn't have to get a few glasses to bring to their room. I'm would guess we're not the only ones that will have a glass or two while getting ready for dinner. Or while watching the ocean from our balcony.

I'm sure NCL hopes we'll buy a discounted bottle or three on board or bring some and pay the corkage. But that just goes against my grain to buy something that I've already paid for.

Anyway, I'm just trying to put the idea in someones head.

I don't think this could happen. Once on board, nothing would prevent you from passing off the bottles of wine to someone else in your party that's in a different room without the UBP.

Also, I suspect this is such a fringe case scenario that it wouldn't be worth considering. You gotta earn your glass of wine like everyone else... get up and go get it. :D

I don't think this could happen. Once on board, nothing would prevent you from passing off the bottles of wine to someone else in your party that's in a different room without the UBP.

Also, I suspect this is such a fringe case scenario that it wouldn't be worth considering. You gotta earn your glass of wine like everyone else... get up and go get it. :D

Good point, that never even occurred to me.

I was hoping by the time I sail next, (almost a year) they'll let you bring on with no charge if you have the UBP.

Probably won't happen. Hasn't happened yet. And,,, not sure why you would want to lug around bottles of wine if you can drink for free nearly 24 hours a day.

Park yourself at the bar and go straight down the wine list. Then go straight down the drinks menu. Try things that you would never, ever buy on your own if you were paying at a shoreside bar. It's fun!

Probably won't happen. Hasn't happened yet. And,,, not sure why you would want to lug around bottles of wine if you can drink for free nearly 24 hours a day.

Because there are people who like to have wine in their cabin, for example as pre-dinner drinks when getting ready or just for the heck of it while sitting in their balcony etc. UBP isn't much help in those situations, especially if the cabin is not too conviniently located.

Because there are people who like to have wine in their cabin, for example as pre-dinner drinks when getting ready or just for the heck of it while sitting in their balcony etc. UBP isn't much help in those situations, especially if the cabin is not too conviniently located.

Exactly