Cinque Terre for day - boat tour

jstroose1

We are 4 people and would like to spend day in Cinque Terre combining boat and walking as well as short hike. We will be there early June. Can anyone recommend a company that could provide us with a boat tour for 4 - we want to be able to get off at a few of the villages and walk around but also see the area from the water.

We will have a car - where is the best place to leave it since you can't bring cars I believe into Cinque Terre.

ARGH! So many good questions (many questions on CC are not good). You do not say where you are coming from, but if from Livorno (or anywhere south) we suggest parking in Riomaggiore where there is a large paid parking facility...or possible free parking along the approach road (most of these spots are gone early in the day). From there you have access to both the train system (which connects all the villages) and various small ferry boats (whether they run depend on sea condtions). With a decent guide book (or free info from the local tourist office) you can simply do whatever feels right at the time. Going to all 5 villages in a port day is a bit much (but some pull it off). As to hiking, the most popular train (between Riomaggiore and Manarola) remains closed due to having collapsed in an awful mudslide/catastrophe) in 2011 (Italy is slow to fix anything).

Hank

I have gone to cinque terre two times. One with carnival and one with NCL out of livorno port. Keep in mind if you want to utilize your time by spending as much time as possible there, u would want to get there quickly. Both times I used italytoursharing.com and we met them quick and were on our way.

Post on your roll CALL and get four more people than it is very affordable. With four of you already, just start the tour and ask for four more. You will get people easily to join as it is a great tour.

Italytoursharing driver gets you there before the larger tours start arriving. You can actually get a seat for lunch at one of the seaside cafes.

The tour guides have had their rules changed so it is basically transportation and tickets between villages. One time I took the ferry and one time I took the train. Both were great.

Keep in mind it is very busy but well worth it in my opinion. This is one of my favorite ports for sure.

Shoot.. I just read you have a car....well that changes my prior post. Yes, just park as hank indicated. Then u can ferry between each place. But like I mentioned, get there fast to avoid the big tour crowds that seem to flock in. Enjoy!!

I have gone to cinque terre two times. One with carnival and one with NCL out of livorno port. Keep in mind if you want to utilize your time by spending as much time as possible there, u would want to get there quickly. Both times I used italytoursharing.com and we met them quick and were on our way.

Post on your roll CALL and get four more people than it is very affordable. With four of you already, just start the tour and ask for four more. You will get people easily to join as it is a great tour.

Italytoursharing driver gets you there before the larger tours start arriving. You can actually get a seat for lunch at one of the seaside cafes.

The tour guides have had their rules changed so it is basically transportation and tickets between villages. One time I took the ferry and one time I took the train. Both were great.

Keep in mind it is very busy but well worth it in my opinion. This is one of my favorite ports for sure.

We'll be in Livorno mid-May next year and plan to visit CT. Have just booked a tour for 8 with others on our RC, we want to take the ferry to get a view from the water, hopefully the weather will be good. What's the news about the Via delle'Amore, any chance of its reopening by next year? How many villages can one see, which ones would you suggest? We are looking at Manarola, Vernazza and Corniglia. Thanks in advance, also my apologies for piggy backing on the OP's thread:)

We'll be in Livorno mid-May next year and plan to visit CT. Have just booked a tour for 8 with others on our RC, we want to take the ferry to get a view from the water, hopefully the weather will be good. What's the news about the Via delle'Amore, any chance of its reopening by next year? How many villages can one see, which ones would you suggest? We are looking at Manarola, Vernazza and Corniglia. Thanks in advance, also my apologies for piggy backing on the OP's thread:)

The situation is not good, and I guess this is another of those "ahhhh, its Italy!" situations. Here is a link to some of the best info:

http://cinqueterreinsider.com/2015/02/13/whats-going-on-with-the-via-dellamore/

Hank

The situation is not good, and I guess this is another of those "ahhhh, its Italy!" situations. Here is a link to some of the best info:

http://cinqueterreinsider.com/2015/02/13/whats-going-on-with-the-via-dellamore/

Hank

Thanks Hank, that's what I suspected:( Anyway, will still have a great time, looks like we've chosen well from what Maryann says.