Connecting Rooms - does the door stay open?

OrchidOne

We have connecting rooms on the Navigator. Do the door stay open or do they have to be propped open with a wedge or something? TIA

The doors can stay open, but cannot be locked once opened by the stateroom attendant.

The doors can stay open, but cannot be locked once opened by the stateroom attendant.

Traveling with our two boys, ages 3 & 6, in May on Freedom with connecting staterooms. Can the attendant lock one of the stateroom doors so only one can be used?

There is no way that I noticed to semi-permanently lock out a stateroom door. Not sure if you could use some sort of home security latch.

The door between the rooms has a keyed deadbolt along with a standard knob. The attendant needs to unlock the deadbolt with a key and there is no locking it (but the door can be left open or clised).

Traveling with our two boys, ages 3 & 6, in May on Freedom with connecting staterooms. Can the attendant lock one of the stateroom doors so only one can be used?

I don't believe the main door can work that way.

We always book connecting rooms. On boarding day, when you first get to your room, the door will be locked. You'll have to ask your room steward to unlock it. It is just one door... Not a door on each side like a hotel room. Even after asking the steward to unlock it, he won't do it right away. I think he has to get someone else to do it because it always takes a few hours but we've never been in the room when they came to unlock it. Once unlocked, it can still be opened and closed, but not re locked.

MikeBTN:

It sounds like you want to lock one of the main entrance doors to the cabin so it can't be opened by your children. This can't be done because the doors are required to be able to be activated by the door handle in the room even when locked. This is a requirement of the life safety codes. The only thing that would stop the door from fully opening would be a chain latch which your children may or may not be able to reach and I can't remember if there is a chain lock on cabin doors.

... The only thing that would stop the door from fully opening would be a chain latch which your children may or may not be able to reach and I can't remember if there is a chain lock on cabin doors.

I've never seen a chain lock on any stateroom door.

There are no chains or those u-shaped bolts on the ship doors. A 3 year old is VERY unlikely to be able to open the hallway door...they are VERY heavy. The 6 year old is old enough to do as you say, and not touch the door...and, keep an eye on the smaller child. You will not be but a few steps away from them.

If you are truly worried, bring a bell and hang it on the doorknob...if they mess with it, you'll hear it.