"LIVE" from the Voyager 10-02-05 to Bermuda from Cape Liberty

Radio

Hi Radio

Just picked up your thread today, :D I am booking Voyager for next July in the next few days & looking at a D2 balcony cabin on deck 7 or 8. What's your cabin like for space, decor, comfort & position.

Thanks in advance & I hope you have a great time on your cruise........Ted

I'm booked on the Voyager 10-18-2005 and I am loving all of these pictures, I'm getting so excited!

What a great service you are providing!!

Kathy

Hay happyfamilynj is 10-18-2005 a typo? i'm on 10/16/05 VOS to bermuda.

Anyway, Radio, thanx so much for the great pictures and reviews thus far. :D

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Radio...we are sailing on the VOS on 10/30.

A few questions....I know you boarded quickly, but was there a separate check-in for those with the Setsail pass? Was there an appreciable difference in check-in lines that you could discern?

Also, did you notice a lot of parking traffic at 11 am when you arrived? I plan on arriving around that time also.you wouldn'ind checking your Cruisecompass, what time did the Spa open for appointments on sail day?

I am also curious to find out if kids were permitted in the solarium at all during your cruise....

Thanks! I look forward to more pics and info....

Hello Teddie....There was no no separate line for "SetSail" Pass....They scanned the pass, and asked for my VISA......and handed me my Sea Pass card....It took under 1 minute....I was impressed..

I went to the Diamond/Suite Line...and there were only about 20 people in there. There was no Shuttle numbers handed out...We just left on the first shuttle.

There was little incoming traffic...But there was a ton of people leaving.....It was a little hectic due to that.....But I was able to park very..very close, the first row next to the terminal....

The Spa had tours from 1-5PM...Spa was open from 6-8PM.

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio

Just picked up your thread today, :D I am booking Voyager for next July in the next few days & looking at a D2 balcony cabin on deck 7 or 8. What's your cabin like for space, decor, comfort & position.

Thanks in advance & I hope you have a great time on your cruise........Ted

This D2 cabin, has new Bedspread, matress, new curtains...and new tile in the bathroom...It appears to have been updated recently....But the carpet wasnt replaced...there are many stains.

Radio

;) ;)

Hi all!

Radio--you are the best. I checked back a few hours ago to show DH how nice and easy the boarding process looks. I was so happy to see more pictures! We have been on the Voyager before and we loved it! We will see her soon enough. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks!

By the way- anjo615 and HappyFamilyNJ, I too will be on the 10/16 sailing, see you there.

Radio or ssoceo, would love to know what the wireless hot spots are if you see a list.

Did you drop luggage then park, or park and drag your luggage being so close?

Feel free to knock on 1368 and tell them to keep the room clean for me, and that I'll need them out by Friday noon! haha

Radio or ssoceo, would love to know what the wireless hot spots are if you see a list.

Did you drop luggage then park, or park and drag your luggage being so close?

Feel free to knock on 1368 and tell them to keep the room clean for me, and that I'll need them out by Friday noon! haha

I am connecting from WiFi currently...I have been unable to connect with Cybercabin.....

The hot spots are

1. Viking Crown Lounge

2. Solarium

3. Cafe Promenade

4. Pig and Whistle Pub

5.Schooner Bar

6.Conference Center

7. Royale Promenade (Deck 5)

The speed ( 11Mbps) is much faster than Cybercabin (40Kbps)

Radio

;) ;)

The weather today is clody, rainy, with lots of fog. Temps are 58f. We are about 420 km from Kings Wharf, Bermuda. The expected time of arrival is 8AM

The seas are somewhat rough....not too bad though.

I had dinner last night in the Windjammer, it was very good !

I was up at 4AM on Embarkation day....I slept like a baby last night...

The welcome aboard show was entertaining...and the CD is very good !

Radio

Sunny Embarkation Day

52704631-7d61-028001E0-.jpg

Royale Promenade

52704690-5c74-028001E0-.jpg

52704713-4ffc-028001E0-.jpg

Radio, if you happen to be in a bar ;) would you mind checking to see if they are serving michelob ultra? I would like to know in advance so when we get on the ship I can have a plan. I am either a white wine or mich ultra drinker. I have a terrible time trying to make a decision if my prefered beverage is not available. I thank you in advance. Have a good day at sea!!

Radio, if you happen to be in a bar would you mind checking to see if they are serving michelob ultra? I would like to know in advance so when we get on the ship I can have a plan. I am either a white wine or mich ultra drinker. I have a terrible time trying to make a decision if my prefered beverage is not available. I thank you in advance. Have a good day at sea!!

Yes they have Michelob ultra in bottles in the Viking Crown Lounge ( I checked while using their WiFi)

The sun is coming out now....but very windy. Bermuda weather for tomorrow is forecast for 82f and partly cloudy. I can live with that !

Her's a few pics from the cruise so far....

I'll check in tonight !

Radio

Leaving Cape Liberty Cruise Port

52741953-393b-028001E0-.jpg

Statue of Liberty at Sunset

52741914-3224-02800157-.jpg

Staten Island Ferry

52741851-df62-028001E0-.jpg

Cloudy Day at Sea

52741880-3d6b-028001E0-.jpg

Hello everyone...Dinner tonight was excellent. Tonight was formal night, and te Captains Gala event. The Sea Bass was very very good.

I will post a few more pics tonight, before going to the Production Show......The Ice Show is brand new too...."Ice Oddesey" has only been in production for a couple of weeks...it replaces the Long time "Ice Jammin"

There are only about 300 children onboard....I have not seen or heard them.../ and only about 16 Diamond Members. Passenger counts will be coming.

The Viking Crown lounge has the best connection.....Very Fast...I have been to all WiFi zones on the ship...

Tomorrow is Bermuda Day....and I will most likeley go into Hamilton or St George...Maybe Both !

Will report back in the Morning...

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Pool deck was pretty empty most of the day...

52751034-2ee7-028001E0-.jpg

Sports Deck was the Same....

52751033-c850-028001E0-.jpg

I loved the 19th Hole Bar !

52751031-0d01-028001E0-.jpg

Hello everyone ! My welcome comes to you today from Kings Wharf, Bermuda !

As we pulled in close...we saw the Horizon leaving St George, heading to Hamilton.

It is a beautiful sunny day, and about 84f. The weather is perfect. ( tomorrow the forecast is showers)

I might do some swimming today and wait until tomorrow for Hamilton. They will be having the Street Festival today at the Dockyard. The stores will stay open until 9PM (5pm in Hamilton).

The ship hasn't cleared yet, but it should be by about 9:30. Tonights dinner will be Lobster.....There will be a Caribbean deck party at 11pm. Tonight, they will also have a Magic Show, and the Love and Marriage show.

Well it's off for now...I'l post a few pics of our arrival into the Naval Dockyard (King'sWharf)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Celebrity Horizon Leaving St George

52768153-e85d-02000180-.jpg

Resort Hotel in Bermuda

52768168-ad03-028001E0-.jpg

Approaching Bermuda from The Peek a Boo Bridge Radar......

52768117-3e35-028001E0-.jpg

Getting Coser to the Pier.....

52768177-e078-028001D9-.jpg

We made it to Kings Wharf !

52768180-30fe-028001E0-.jpg

Radio,

Since I'm disabled, I need to know how I would get from the port parking lot to the area where we would board. Is there a bus? Is the walk long? Do you bring the bags first, then park, then check in? I wasn't sure because I saw people getting on a shuttle bus.

Thanks for your help and pictures. It's a really wonderful thing you are doing and very exciting for us to watch. Have a great day on the Island! Bermuda is too beautiful!

jane

Archived