Which exchange rate is used for corkage fees?

ilovetotravel1977

The ship's currency is USD and, assuming you don't have OBC to use, your account will be settled on the last day of the cruise at the prevailing rate.

Not sure what you mean by being "locked in" but if you have some US cash that you got at your rate of 1.19 then you could pay your account in cash before the end of the cruise.

Edited by GITC

oh sorry. Canadian cruisers get a better exchange rate with NCL (or at least they did until recently), so when we booked back in June, we got a rate of 1.19.

That makes sense that they just charge it to your account and the OBC takes care of it. I thought maybe they made you pay cash upon boarding.

oh sorry. Canadian cruisers get a better exchange rate with NCL (or at least they did until recently), so when we booked back in June, we got a rate of 1.19.

That makes sense that they just charge it to your account and the OBC takes care of it. I thought maybe they made you pay cash upon boarding.

It's just added to your ship account. In fact, it usually shows up as a restaurant or bar charge a day or so into the cruise on your account. So it's just like anything you will purchase in the shops or stores on board. If you have OBC, it will be subtracted from that.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

When you get charged your $15 corkage fee for wine to your Account, do they use the exchange rate you're locked in at (i.e., 1.19), OR do they use the actual current exchange rate (i.e., 1.36)? Just trying to plan out how much US $ I will need vs. how much pre-purchased OBC I will need to buy.

It will be charged to your on board account. You will have to settle that account on the last day before disembarking. If you put a credit card down at check-in, your credit card will be charged the outstanding balance at the end of your cruise and it will be exchanged at your bank's rate (not NCL's rate). If you bought some OBC ahead of time at a better exchange rate, the OBC will be used until it is exhausted and the balance is put on your credit card. Or you can settle in cash.

They won't let you off the ship unless you have a zero balance. :D

The ship's currency is USD and, assuming you don't have OBC to use, your account will be settled on the last day of the cruise at the prevailing rate.

Not sure what you mean by being "locked in" but if you have some US cash that you got at your rate of 1.19 then you could pay your account in cash before the end of the cruise.

I love the way you spell your location, eh